Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie question- reclining ability of rear seat in Supercrew

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie question- reclining ability of rear seat in Supercrew

I am getting the the Super crew and in the several test drives I did I neglected to see how far a passenger in the rear can have the ability to recline the seat. Who can tell me and for shot of Kentucky Bourbon, who has a pic showing the largest ability of the seatback to recline?
Thanks,
Old 09-28-2011, 11:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

None. Rear seats are flat against the rear of the cab. Only pickup I know that has reclining rear seat is a Mega Cab Dodge cause of the space behind the rear seats, and even in there its very little.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:26 PM

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by jayson_waltz
None. Rear seats are flat against the rear of the cab. Only pickup I know that has reclining rear seat is a Mega Cab Dodge cause of the space behind the rear seats, and even in there its very little.
I agree with none, i think the Toyota Tundra's MAY, im pretty sure they slide up and back, but no sure if they recline.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:41 AM

Thanks, in the big scheme of things, not too terribly important as I will be in a comfy leather bucket seat behind the wheel,,,
Old 05-10-2012, 04:24 PM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Default My FX2 SCREW

I have looked carefully at the seat mounts for the F150 Screw
of my 2012 FX2. I plan to mod the single seat in the pass
rear to recline. This will take some metal fabrication and some
machining and welding, all outside of the truck. My plan is to
give the single seat bottom the ability to move forward 3".
This will give additional incline to the backrest. This will permit
riders to change seats as they desire to recline a little. Will
do mod and post results.........

no plans yet, only concept in my mind.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:30 PM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

seems like they have a pretty nice reclined angle built in...no complaints from the few folks I have had back there....
Old 09-21-2014, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mag12chulai691
I have looked carefully at the seat mounts for the F150 Screw of my 2012 FX2. I plan to mod the single seat in the pass rear to recline. This will take some metal fabrication and some machining and welding, all outside of the truck. My plan is to give the single seat bottom the ability to move forward 3". This will give additional incline to the backrest. This will permit riders to change seats as they desire to recline a little. Will do mod and post results......... no plans yet, only concept in my mind.
Bringing this one back from the past... Were you ever able to come up with brackets to let the rear seat back recline a little more? This is one of very few complaints I have with my 2014 crew cab. The rear seat would be SO much more comfortable of the back leaned back just a bit more.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:07 PM

Default Reclining rear seats

Originally Posted by Dave in WI
Bringing this one back from the past... Were you ever able to come up with brackets to let the rear seat back recline a little more? This is one of very few complaints I have with my 2014 crew cab. The rear seat would be SO much more comfortable of the back leaned back just a bit more.
Did anything happens with this mod I bought a 12 platinum and have kids and when they fall asleep it would
be nice to have them be able to recline seats alittle for a better sleep would be amazing if someone would come up with power reclining mod

Quick Reply: newbie question- reclining ability of rear seat in Supercrew