General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to all this and have questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to all this and have questions

I have been wanting to fix up my 2007 f150 screw fx2. Im pretty sure I want to go with 295/70/17's ... i know i need to level front a little to fit them. will the loaded rancho quick lift allow me to fit that size tire? I need new rear shocks as well, should i get anything in paricular for the rear? also I have read a few psots and guys talk about having to re-gear when going to bigger tires, is that soemthing i need to worry about when i get the larger tires?
thanks for the time guys!
Old 10-24-2014, 07:03 PM
Chive So Hard

Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts

Hi,
The Rancho Quicklift would do just fine to level up the front of your truck to fit those tires. You might have to do a little bit of trimming to your front valance but shouldnt be drastic at all. If you are talking about replacing your rear shocks you could go down many different routes. A lot of people on here swear up and down about the bilstein 5100 which might be exactly what the doctor ordered for you. Otherwise check out the rancho 5000 series or skyjacker 8000 series. I have had good luck with both of these. YOu will not have to regear for a 33" tire but be mindful that your mpg will drop, your speedo wont be correct, and your odometer will be off. All of that can be corrected with a programmer. Good luck with the project and keep us posted with pictures.

Quick Reply: New to all this and have questions