General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nerf Bars

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 08:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Nerf Bars

Hey, Do you know any good Nerf Bars for my 2011 F-150 XL SuperCab?
Thanks
Old 07-23-2014, 10:31 AM
I'd rather be sailing.

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

Forgive me for speaking bad of a company but in this case I think I should.
I put Smittybuilt nerf bars on our 99 Explorer when it was new. I liked the black look and did not have the money for factory steps. Easy install.

These things rusted so badly over time they flexed when stepped on. Finally one day I just took them off. I am lucky I did. they were rusted more than 50% through.

Someone could have been easily hurt. I live in the Seattle area so rain is abundant but not road salt. It is used here but it almost never snows!

I DO NOT recommend Smitty Built.

I took detailed photos and seriously considered sending them to Smitty built but in the long run, it did not matter to me other than the knowledge of what NOT to buy.

If a mod deems this inappropriate feel free to delete the post.
If a Smittybuilt rep contacts me and wants to see my photos, I'd happily share. I'll post them right here!

Scott
Old 07-23-2014, 08:22 PM

Received 168 Likes on 150 Posts

My truck came with factory bars and I took them off. They just didn't work for me and were in the way more than anything. I also like the look of the truck better without them.

Sorry, I didn't really answer your question but as of yet I haven't seen a nerf bar that would work for me. Guess it depends on what you want them for and how you'll use them.

Hope you find what works for you.

Quick Reply: Nerf Bars