General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need opinions on Bak Flip tonneau covers

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 05:51 PM

Received 63 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Need opinions on Bak Flip tonneau covers

Supposedly the new truck is getting deliver today. I need to get a tonneau cover on it. I want something more secure than the roll ups I've used in the past. I like their ability to be rolled up for when I need an open bed. I'm intrigued by the Bak Flip but I keep reading negative reviews on leaks and the need to drill for drain tubes. So let me hear it, the good, the bad, the ugly and other suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:18 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Ordered a BAK Fibermax. The cover looks great and arrived undamaged. The bad part is that BAK sent no hardware to install the cover. Have been dealing with this since Friday. I asked for the parts to be sent overnight. We will see what happens.

BAK made the situation right today. Found my hardware was fedexed and waiting on the doorstep. In fact, they sent two sets of hardware and told me to keep both.

Installed the cover without issue. Looks fantastic. Highly recommend.

Last edited by CD30043; 11-17-2015 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Update to initial problem
Old 11-16-2015, 06:36 PM

Received 749 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by ArcherDad
Supposedly the new truck is getting deliver today. I need to get a tonneau cover on it. I want something more secure than the roll ups I've used in the past. I like their ability to be rolled up for when I need an open bed. I'm intrigued by the Bak Flip but I keep reading negative reviews on leaks and the need to drill for drain tubes. So let me hear it, the good, the bad, the ugly and other suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
BakFlip VP on my truck for over a year and a half.

The bad: Tri fold and when folded to the max it blocks the rear window. If you know how to use your mirrors its no problem.

Vinyl covering looks good but may not be the best in harsh enviorments. I've had no problems so far.

The good: Only water leaks I get are from the tailgate step area even in heavy downpours.

Low profile and looks great..exactly how I wanted a cover to look like. Never had to use the drain tubes.

Last edited by PawPaw; 11-16-2015 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:57 PM
Shut up and Fish

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Just put the Bak VP on my new Platinum and it fits and looks great.
There was already holes in the bed for the drain hose.
Got it on Amazon in two days.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:08 PM

Received 137 Likes on 116 Posts

I have a Bakflip G2 on my truck. For the most part, it's 99% dry. If i park my truck nose down the driveway, and a torrential downpour comes, I MIGHT get a little leak around the top tailgate corners, but that's not very common. As far as I'm concerned, it's waterproof.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:40 PM

Received 135 Likes on 101 Posts

I have a Bak flip G2 on my 2011 f150 and freaking love it. It is tough and secures with my tailgate lock. It keeps everything dry. Some water may get in on the front near the tubes but nothing ever gets wet. I'd buy another in a heartbeat. Bought mine online for about $550
Old 11-16-2015, 09:50 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

G2 n mine for 5 years. The paint is chipping and the rubber strip on front of box is falling off. I'll just put some 3M tape on it to repair.

I've had minimal leaks which no folding cover is 100% waterproof. Mine is 99% and I have a bedrug so nothing gets wet as its by tailgate step.

It's been through its paces the last 5 years an I'm happy with it. I like the paragon cover but it eats up bed space and nothing can go to the front of the bed or you can't open cover.

Finish is better on others but the function is great and I'm sure Bak has better finishing n the last 5 years.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:52 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Also, the drilling for drain tubes in n the big plastic plugs on the front of the bed. It did that. You can route them down the bedsides by stake holes if you want.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:32 AM
I'd rather be sailing.

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

Backflip F1. Works as advertised! I love it!
Scott
Old 11-17-2015, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got mine from Truck Alterations yesterday. Not installed yet. Make sure you email/call for a price. Got mine way cheaper then they can advertise for.

-Keith

Quick Reply: Need opinions on Bak Flip tonneau covers