General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moving back up camera and sensors

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving back up camera and sensors

Just got a new '14 XLT Supercrew that I will use in my business and as a personal vehicle. I have always added 2 leaves to the springs because I install a liftgate and often have heavy pool tables, video and vending machines, etc. on the truck. We also take out or fold up the rear seats to put in shelves for tools and parts. I think I've come up with a way to put in shelves that I can easily remove from this truck (to use the rear seats) but would welcome ideas.

The truck came with the back up camera and sensors but I will remove the OEM bumper and tailgate to install the liftgate. I would like to install the camera and sensors in the lift gate. I will do the liftgate installation myself because it is very easy on a new truck but I haven't found anyone with any experience relocating the camera and sensors. I would welcome ideas/advice regarding moving those parts.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:57 AM

Received 398 Likes on 336 Posts

The sensors are pretty simple if you can drill holes in the new bumper. Just try to put them in about the same place pointed rearwards.
The camera should be easy if you can mount the whole emblem on the gate and keep it from being mashed on the ground.
They all just plug in.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:09 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Or... if you buy aftermarket sensors and camera that are plug-n-play to Ford you can leave everything as it is, unplug things, plug in the new sensors/camera, and be all set. Then, when it's time to sell the truck, you put everything back and just plug it in.

Quick Reply: Moving back up camera and sensors