General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods to Drop in bediner

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 08:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mods to Drop in bediner

Spent countless time trying to figure out what type of bedliner to go with. Each style of liner has its benefits of course and its what fits your needs.

I wanted the protection drop in liners give when it comes to dents and dinges. I also like being able to slide heavy things across the liner. However a may add anti skid to back portion of bed liner.

My gripe with the drop in liner is the damage it can cause to your truck bed, i have had a rugged liner in my new truck for 4 days, hauled some lumber a few times. I removed the liner today and already had paint scratches on the bed.

I have searched around for something I could place under the drop in to prevent wear from the drop in liner, could not find anything. If you know of anything please let me know! I went to walmart and picked up some drawer/cabinet liners sprayed them with a little tacky adhesive and stuck them to the truck bed then reinstalled the liner.

What I did like after the reinstall was how dampened the liner was, it didnt give that same sound of hard plastic on metal. That was something I didnt consider. My only concern was protecting the truck bed from the liner. It also seem to dampen sound a little also.

My concern now is will this stuff stand to the weather and wear, its cheap and easy to replace if I dont notice anymore damage to the bed in a few months and loads. I will stick with it.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:12 AM
FX4RoadWarrior

Received 494 Likes on 353 Posts

You need to get with the times man. Spray in liner like LineX, nothing beats it.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:33 AM

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Weathertech underLiner to go under your drop in bed liner.....Look on FleaBay......

Last edited by lrw3006; 03-03-2015 at 09:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JO2015 (03-03-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 09:38 AM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by tanked_darren
You need to get with the times man. Spray in liner like LineX, nothing beats it.
X2, best thing ever. It might be a little expensive but you wont regret it. Especially if you haul things in the bed a lot.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:44 AM

Tanked_darren

If I had the money I would go with both, but I like being able to throw heavy things in truck bed without much worry of dents, like being able to slide things also without climbing in the truck bed.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:46 AM

Irw3006...wow that maybe my answer!!!!! Thanks!

And of course they dont have it for the 2015 150 yet :-(
Old 03-03-2015, 09:47 AM

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Just looked a 5 year old Truck!!!!! The spray in liner was peeling Off everywhere and looked like chit, There was no dents in the bed and it looked taken care of... It was a name brand spray on.....How do you fix that? I would stick with the drop in.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:54 AM
FX4RoadWarrior

Received 494 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by lrw3006
Just looked a 5 year old Truck!!!!! The spray in liner was peeling Off everywhere and looked like chit, There was no dents in the bed and it looked taken care of... It was a name brand spray on.....How do you fix that? I would stick with the drop in.
I had linex in my last truck for 8 years and it looked great when I sold it.

It is repairable and they do it for free. I had a scrape repaired it was caused by a frozen deer carcass letting go when I was coming down a mountain last year. You'd never know it happened After the fix.

Anyone with spray in liner knows it's better than a drop in.

I'm not knocking your choice at all here OP by the way. Every liner has its perks.

Irw3006
That liner you seen was obviously some junk jobber cap.

Quick Reply: Mods to Drop in bediner