Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > General F150 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
SteveLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,218
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thanked 176 Times in 120 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Read View Post
and remote start, ($250 installed).
Wow....wish I could find a place that does it that cheap. Talking $400-$600 for the system + labor just to get one installed in my wife's minivan.
__________________
-------------------------------------------------------
[Former 11B/11C]
2013 F150 XLT SCREW, 5.0L, 4X4, 3.55 E-Locker, Rancho QuickLift shocks, Incubus Crusher wheels +12 Offset, 295/70/18 Cooper ST Maxx tires, SCT X4/5star Tunes, Solo Mach X Dual Exhaust, 2'' rear blocks
-------------------------------------------------------
SteveLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
terraformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,191
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 176 Times in 147 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

I'd start small dollar-wise, but with big impact:
  • LED lights in the interior - makes a big difference for not a lot of work or cash! (About $75)

  • Wheelskins steering wheel cover. I've had one in all my cars over the years, and if you like a thicker steering wheel it's a great way to go and looks great (~$55 or so).

  • Rain deflectors for the windows. I went with the low-profile ones but any are good. I also got the stick-on type - that 3M automotive tape stays put! (about $50)

  • As someone mentioned, an exhaust tip (I got mine in matte black, a Gibson 3I 4O for about $80)

  • Window tint - 20% match at about $100 or so.

  • I got a Custom Dynamics 60" under tailgate brake light. Normally not a fan of these things, but it's crazy bright and does look good. About $120.

I have lots more I've done but it gets into the several hundred $ range. It's a disease, this modding thing! But I do like to make my truck unique.

Good luck!
__________________
Quote:
Science doesn't care about your beliefs.
terraformer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to terraformer For This Useful Post:
ComQuest (11-21-2013)
Old 11-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #33
Unique & Different
 
ComQuest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 3,819
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Thanked 416 Times in 344 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanted33 View Post
Hey sister ComQuest. I just made my order with Moody Blue. The three F-150 inlays, two Ford oval overlays, and a custom made overlay for the flex fuel badge is only 42 bucks. Just though I'd let you know.

Now the waiting begins.
@Wanted33
Hey how ya doing? Cool. That is awesome. Yes I do want some. I will have to send him a message to see if I can get some OSU ones. What kind did you order? Ones with Ford on them or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraformer View Post
I'd start small dollar-wise, but with big impact:
  • LED lights in the interior - makes a big difference for not a lot of work or cash! (About $75)

  • Wheelskins steering wheel cover. I've had one in all my cars over the years, and if you like a thicker steering wheel it's a great way to go and looks great (~$55 or so).

  • Rain deflectors for the windows. I went with the low-profile ones but any are good. I also got the stick-on type - that 3M automotive tape stays put! (about $50)

  • As someone mentioned, an exhaust tip (I got mine in matte black, a Gibson 3I 4O for about $80)

  • Window tint - 20% match at about $100 or so.

  • I got a Custom Dynamics 60" under tailgate brake light. Normally not a fan of these things, but it's crazy bright and does look good. About $120.
I have lots more I've done but it gets into the several hundred $ range. It's a disease, this modding thing! But I do like to make my truck unique.

Good luck!
@terraformer
Hey thanks. That is awesome. I have tint already, but not as dark. When my husband took him for tint, I think they put on what is legal around here. Where did you get your LED lights for the interior? Are they for the dome lights? or the ambiant lighting under the dash?

Yes I do have to start small on dollars for now...ha ha. I'm on a budget till next year, so I'm building my mods list now. When Jan get here, that will free up about $800.00 month free money. Then in Sept $1,550.00 month will be freed up. WooHoo I will be happy bout that one.

Yeah I see modding can be addictive just from looking at others trucks on this forum. I guess it is the same as with me and my music and my house. It has become and has been expensive.
__________________
2012 Race Red|Ingot Silver F150 XLT 5.0L V8 (still Stock) Brought my baby home on 11-27-2012 from Charlotte, NC.
You were created to love and be loved.
We can all use a pep rally. Let's celebrate life and each other!
ComQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
smcox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,366
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Thanked 282 Times in 258 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

I say glossy pillar covers, avs seamless vent visors, leveling kit, 20" chrome Moto metal 961 rims with red inserts and 33"-35" tires, led light bar in the bumper gap, chrome mirror skull caps not the entire mirror cover, chrome door handle pulls not the entire cover, led interior lights, projector headlights chrome with red shrouds.
__________________
My Build Thread<-------Click somewhere over there!My Grill Build
1995 Crew Cab f150 Centurion way too many parts to list 08 f250 6.4-04 f350 6.0-05 vert stang-02 f150 Screw
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.
smcox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smcox1 For This Useful Post:
ComQuest (11-22-2013)
Old 11-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
terraformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,191
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 176 Times in 147 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

ComQuest, I bought my interior LEDs from a couple of different places; superbrightleds and even Amazon. I did the interior dome (I festoon type) and front map lights (2 of these); reverse light in tail light housing; puddle lights (festoon type); replaced the three 3rd brake light halogens with two white and one red LED; and I also did the mirror reflector blinker mod to make use of that nasty amber reflector. Total cost for all that was about $115 or so. I also did the truck bed LED strip mod, one 3' strip on each side with an all-weather button just above the left rear wheel well and up under the rail lip. Really lights up the bed underneath my Peragon cover!
__________________
Quote:
Science doesn't care about your beliefs.
terraformer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to terraformer For This Useful Post:
ComQuest (11-22-2013)
Old 11-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #36
Five-0 Ret.
 
Wanted33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Down South in Dixie
Posts: 5,432
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Thanked 627 Times in 534 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComQuest View Post
@Wanted33
Hey how ya doing? Cool. That is awesome. Yes I do want some. I will have to send him a message to see if I can get some OSU ones. What kind did you order? Ones with Ford on them or what?
I stuck with Ford in chrome, and the background to match the Ruby Red for the oval overlays, and the red F-150's for the inlays. Blake is trying now to make one up to cover the flex fuel badge that will have a chrome background, with the coyote head and the wording "5.0L Coyote" in red. It will be his first, and we're trying to get the measurements right as we speak.
__________________
"Better tried by twelve, than carried by six"

I tend to think donuts certify ones copliness....... Luther "Suitcase" Simpson
Wanted33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wanted33 For This Useful Post:
ComQuest (11-22-2013)
Old 11-22-2013, 12:44 AM   #37
Unique & Different
 
ComQuest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 3,819
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Thanked 416 Times in 344 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcox1 View Post
I say glossy pillar covers, avs seamless vent visors, leveling kit, 20" chrome Moto metal 961 rims with red inserts and 33"-35" tires, led light bar in the bumper gap, chrome mirror skull caps not the entire mirror cover, chrome door handle pulls not the entire cover, led interior lights, projector headlights chrome with red shrouds.
@smcox1
Cool. Thanks. I like your mods lists. I so love retrofit heads. I want some too with red shrouds. I saw some on Bilivinic thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraformer View Post
ComQuest, I bought my interior LEDs from a couple of different places; superbrightleds and even Amazon. I did the interior dome (I festoon type) and front map lights (2 of these); reverse light in tail light housing; puddle lights (festoon type); replaced the three 3rd brake light halogens with two white and one red LED; and I also did the mirror reflector blinker mod to make use of that nasty amber reflector. Total cost for all that was about $115 or so. I also did the truck bed LED strip mod, one 3' strip on each side with an all-weather button just above the left rear wheel well and up under the rail lip. Really lights up the bed underneath my Peragon cover!
@terraformer
Wow...sounds awesome. And I love lights too. Thanks for all of this info. Looking at your profile picture, do you have smoke color heads? Can I see a closer picture of your truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanted33 View Post
I stuck with Ford in chrome, and the background to match the Ruby Red for the oval overlays, and the red F-150's for the inlays. Blake is trying now to make one up to cover the flex fuel badge that will have a chrome background, with the coyote head and the wording "5.0L Coyote" in red. It will be his first, and we're trying to get the measurements right as we speak.
@Wanted33
Wow...sounds cool and like it is going to be awesome. When you say "red F-150's for the inlays", what is that?
__________________
2012 Race Red|Ingot Silver F150 XLT 5.0L V8 (still Stock) Brought my baby home on 11-27-2012 from Charlotte, NC.
You were created to love and be loved.
We can all use a pep rally. Let's celebrate life and each other!
ComQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:47 AM   #38
Member
 
goneFXcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 6,674
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Thanked 427 Times in 369 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComQuest View Post
@Wanted33 Wow...sounds cool and like it is going to be awesome. When you say "red F-150's for the inlays", what is that?
Correct me if I'm wrong Wanted, but I believe he is talking about the fender and tailgate "F-150"
Yours would be Chrome and black, he may be putting the matching red inlay to cover the black letters inside the chrome.
__________________
2013 F-150 FX4 EcoScrew Ruby Red "The Red Bull" Click here for Build Thread Items For Sale: Nothing for now, stay tuned! Email me
goneFXcrazy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to goneFXcrazy For This Useful Post:
Wanted33 (11-22-2013)
Old 11-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #39
Five-0 Ret.
 
Wanted33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Down South in Dixie
Posts: 5,432
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Thanked 627 Times in 534 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goneFXcrazy View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong Wanted, but I believe he is talking about the fender and tailgate "F-150"
Yours would be Chrome and black, he may be putting the matching red inlay to cover the black letters inside the chrome.

You are correct my friend. ComQuest, they will look like goneFXcrazy's in his avater, except mine will be surrounded by chrome instead of black.
__________________
"Better tried by twelve, than carried by six"

I tend to think donuts certify ones copliness....... Luther "Suitcase" Simpson

Last edited by Wanted33; 11-22-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Wanted33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wanted33 For This Useful Post:
ComQuest (11-23-2013)
Old 11-23-2013, 02:41 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
pcastal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 261
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

I bought a 2" leveling kit on ebay for $55, couldn't be happier. A tuner will make the truck a bit more fun to drive. I can't really lift mine either, I own a business and I am always buying and transporting equipment, and it certainly wouldn't make that any easier.

Please don't add more chrome, it has just enough, any more will be too much

I have a Flowmaster muffler in place of my stock one, it was $200 vs $400-500 for a full system. I have put exhaust on too many cars and not felt a power difference, I wasn't going to spend the money for a full system. I am happy with the sound.
__________________
2007 F150 5.4 XLT 4x4 SCrew
S&B CAI, Gryphon w/ custom tunes, Flowmaster Exhaust, 20x8.5 American Racing Assault wheels, FX2 Grill, Smoked headlights, black Euro tails, 8000k HID in headlights/fog lights, 2" Front leveling kit, Undercover bed cover, Spray in Bedliner, LED interior light kit http://www.f150forum.com/f78/my-07-screw-build-244802/
pcastal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pcastal For This Useful Post:
ComQuest (11-23-2013)
Old 11-23-2013, 02:41 AM
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.