General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Making your own underseat sub box?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 11:07 PM
BIG TIME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making your own underseat sub box?

i am buying 2 10" subs from my friend but his box doesnt fit my truck so im going to either buy a new one, or make my own. my truck is a 2000 f150 extended cab. has anyone ever attempted this before? how difficult would it be and do you think it would end up better than buying one? Thanks
Old 03-08-2010, 12:48 AM

hahaha, its really easy. i havent done it myself, but i'm in highschool and watch all my buddies make them in our woods class. Just wood and routering to the size you want. saves you hundreds of bucks..
Old 03-08-2010, 10:58 AM
BIG TIME

Originally Posted by Durand4
hahaha, its really easy. i havent done it myself, but i'm in highschool and watch all my buddies make them in our woods class. Just wood and routering to the size you want. saves you hundreds of bucks..
do they have instructions for it? or is it like a "made from scratch" sorta deal?
Old 03-08-2010, 12:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it mostly a measure the space you have yourself and building it fromn scratch. I did it in my car and am in the process of doing it in my screw, which has a lot less space than the ext cab. so you should be able to do it fine.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heres a pretty goo write up http://www.termpro.com/articles/buildbox.html. It's not that diffidult to do, I built a small box to go in the back of my old Mountaineer a while back. Just be really careful to measure right, and take into account the thickness of the wood (I used 3/4 MDF) you are using. I forgot to do that first time around and ended up with a box that was 1.5 inches too big.

Quick Reply: Making your own underseat sub box?