General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

making my truck LOOK mean

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default making my truck LOOK mean

i have a 98 f150 XL 4.2 V6 2wd. i want it to look mean, not crazy just a 3" lift a whip antena (CB radio) and mabey a brush guard. this truck is mearly for show and i dont realy race whith it or go mudding whith it. is this a good idea or am i just wasting time and money
Old 09-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Heh, 'member'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whether an item is worth it or not is entirely up to you. Tricking your truck out does just about nothing for resale value so pick the upgrades that matter most to you.

Personally I like the look of bull-bars. I think a small lift, bull bar, cab lights, and some light exhaust work to give it a little growl would be nice for your truck. It's all up to you though.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 73mopar
i have a 98 f150 XL 4.2 V6 2wd. i want it to look mean, not crazy just a 3" lift a whip antena (CB radio) and mabey a brush guard. this truck is mearly for show and i dont realy race whith it or go mudding whith it. is this a good idea or am i just wasting time and money

I like the Gravedigger look. Paint the headlights red! I think it is a fine line between mean and crazymean.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:05 AM
November 2009 TOTM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i think when you add the bull bar on the front and have a few lights mounted on it you will like the results

how about a bedliner too? if you dont already have one that is.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:41 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

not trying to dog on you at all but what does a whip antena and making your truck mean have in common? Personally I just don't get why people buy 2wd trucks and lift them. Same with people who buy 4wd and lower them. Anyways, don't let other people determine what you think your truck should look like. After all, it is your truck. Do what you think would look best. If I was in your situation of owning that truck, I would maybe get a new grill, headlights, taillights, and some nice lookin wheels. I don't think an exhaust is going to give you that mean sound your possibly wanting with the looks with the 4.2 V6. If you can, I might try to sell the truck save your money and get a 4wd and build a mean 4wd truck so when people look and want to challenge you to something, you have the truck to back it up. But like I said its totally up to you what you want with your truck!
Old 09-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Big Blue

I like the sounds of the lift, but when you put a bull bar in front, you lose the tow hooks. That's why I went with a desert guard, looks good and you keep the hooks! Plus a brush guard can range from $500-$750 and the desert guard was only about $250.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:12 PM
big cube 426

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how about some bullet holes..
Old 09-15-2009, 04:11 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I definitely like the idea of a bush guard and cab lights to make it look mean! Not too sure about jacking it up either but again it's all personal preference. I find they sit pretty high already compared to chevy 4x2's and would rather spend the money on some 'mean' rims!
Old 09-15-2009, 04:57 PM

i was just saying that i was gunna put a whip on it not that it would mean, and ya i know 2wd isant real good for what i want to do and a v6 ant nuthen but i was looking for some good gas mielige. see i drive a 73 road runner whith a V8 5.2 318. so i was getting about a good 7 to 8 mpg. and im only 17 so i dident realy have money for a big v8 gass guseler truck, so i settald for this one and thought i would do what i wanted to it. but im just guna go whith a 3" block and maby a brush gard
Old 09-15-2009, 04:58 PM

i was just saying that i was gunna put a whip on it not that it would mean, and ya i know 2wd isant real good for what i want to do and a v6 ant nuthen but i was looking for some good gas mielige. see i drive a 73 road runner whith a V8 5.2 318. so i was getting about a good 7 to 8 mpg. and im only 17 so i dident realy have money for a big v8 gass guseler truck, so i settald for this one and thought i would do what i wanted to it. but im just guna go whith a 3" block and maby a bush gard

Quick Reply: making my truck LOOK mean