Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lund molded running boards

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 12:06 PM
Village Sociopath

Received 10,073 Likes on 6,507 Posts

Default Lund molded running boards

In the never ending quest to rid my truck of a little more chrome, I've run across these boards to replace the stock chrome tubes on my truck.
https://www.amazon.com/Lund-221020-U...3Aford%3Af-150
They look similar to what used to come on the Superdudes.
They should give good coverage to keep road missles off the paint.
What are anyones thoughts on these? If anyone has these, could/would you tell me how wide they are?
I'd REALLY REALLY like a set of REAL Raptor boards, but these are a lot less money, and readily available.

Last edited by johnday in BFE; 07-15-2016 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:26 PM

Received 116 Likes on 75 Posts

That link is to the set that are Rigid molded black polymer construction not aluminum. I think you posted the link to the wrong set.

Last edited by oldguy1946; 07-15-2016 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:39 PM
Village Sociopath

Originally Posted by oldguy1946
That link is to the set that are Rigid molded black polymer construction not aluminum. I think you posted the link to the wrong set.
oldguy, well, that makes two of us, and grounds for the confusion. LOL
Anyway, those are the boards I'm interested in. I looked at so many this morning, I guess I got confused.

I'll edit that post, thanks.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:55 PM
Village Sociopath

Sorta glad I didn't jump on those boards. I found these, http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com...2009-2011.aspx
Ordered them. They told me it's a no drill install on my truck, the price looked good, and they appear they're what I'm after. I think with the tires/wheels I have, they should look good. Again, not Raptor's, but at least OEM appearance from what I see.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:29 AM
Village Sociopath

Got them 2 days ago, plan on the install today. Photos and comments coming.
Old 07-23-2016, 08:45 AM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

John rhere was a video posted on runningboardwarehouse.com that gave a pretty good idea of mounting bracket location. Maybe that can help give you an idea. Eagerly awaiting pics and feedback as I like these as well. Gets rid of some chrome, safe and wide step for me and my kids, plastic and aluminum to resist rust, lifetime warranty and wide to help protect the paint. They check a lot of boxes. My guess is the is not quite as low as the step surface of the OEM rubes, can you comment on that if you have a chance? My 5 & 3 year old girls have sort little legs.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:19 AM
Village Sociopath

Ya, that's the things I was hoping for.
I'm also hoping they'll tuck up a bit higher than the tubes I have. Might be a problem for your kids, but hey, they grow longer legs eventually!LOL
I watched that video a few times, thanks though.
I should be able to give a report on these in a couple hours.

Really, I would like some Raptor OEM boards, but if these work out, I'll be bucks ahead.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:50 AM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

The tops of the steps look pretty comparable in height from what I can tell. If you could take a measurent of the platform height for your old steps to your new that would be great to compare. I think the benefit of tucking up more comes from the thinner profile of these steps versus the tubes.

You're in Michigan right? Where about are you located?
Old 07-23-2016, 01:11 PM
Village Sociopath

Originally Posted by biscuit141
The tops of the steps look pretty comparable in height from what I can tell. If you could take a measurent of the platform height for your old steps to your new that would be great to compare. I think the benefit of tucking up more comes from the thinner profile of these steps versus the tubes.

You're in Michigan right? Where about are you located?
I didn't get a before/after measurement, but they seem to be about the same height as OEM tubes, but the bottom seems like it's further off the ground.
I used a piece of 2X4 to try and give the height difference, in relation to the door bottom.
I think these will work fine. They're just as sturdy as the tubes I took off. And with the slight lip on the inboard edge, you can't see the brackets like with OEM. The brackets use the existing holes for the stock brackets.
They went on with the only problem being the malaria ridden mosquitos, and other unknown bugs, that kept buzzing me.
Very happy with the way things turned out, IMO, looks better with another piece of chrome gone.

Yes, I'm in northern lower Michigan, little hole in the wall called Barton City. Literally, 35 miles in all directions to anywhere!! 300 +/- year round residents, including the dogs.
Attached Images         
Old 07-23-2016, 05:34 PM
Village Sociopath

One more photo of the brackets to compare to the OEM ones.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Lund molded running boards