Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for the most extraordinary Ford stories.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking for the most extraordinary Ford stories.

Hello!

My company has been asked by Ford to find great stories within the Ford universe. That could mean a road trip story, a first car story, or something even more unexpected. For example there was a guy with a monster truck whose neighborhood was flooded during a storm. The water kept rising but no one came to help so he headed out in his truck to get people out of their homes.

Maybe you chased your fiancee across the country in your F-150, or something unexpected happened driving through the mountains in your truck, or maybe you`re a park ranger who operates from your truck. If you have a story, we want to hear it. Feel free to message me your stories and possibly get into further contact. Thank you!
Old 02-02-2017, 10:30 PM

Received 2,719 Likes on 2,056 Posts

2014 F150 and 2013 Flex. Both were victims of bad weather. Both times nothing but some bruises and scrapes. Built Ford Tough is right Walked away from both, and both were over 45 MPH impacts. This is what brings me back to Ford.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:38 PM

Received 2,719 Likes on 2,056 Posts

And for the Lighter side.

We took a trip to Utah last year in my 14 F150 towing a Coleman 274BH travel Trailer. Went to Bryce Canyon via Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, and Colorado. Camped in all the states along the way. The F150 pulled that trailer beautifully. Pulled it up the Mountains outside of Denver, through Utah, was a wonderful exciting trip for the family. Kids got to see canyons, buttes, waterfalls A trip to remember.

But the most memorable part of the entire trip was a drive without the trailer up and over Hog Back Ridge, AKA Crying Whimpering Ridge. My mom was whimpering, she doesn't whimper. My daughter was shaking and crying, she looked down. It wasn't my driving, it was the fact that there is no shoulder on that road, and a few feet on either side of the road is a sheer drop off into rocks. It was fascinating and scary all at the same time. I had my Nuvi recording the entire drive, but no audio, and biy do I wish it did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqRssG1LKkU