General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line X, Reflex, or ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Line X, Reflex, or ??

Hey guys so I ordered a 2015 F150 3.5 EcoBoost Sport should pick it up monday/tuesday (been waiting almost two weeks of being told will have it in a day or two, so not holding my breath at this point).

My question which liner is better? and why? Of course companies selling their product say theirs is best so hard to know who is telling the truth lol

thanks
Old 11-15-2015, 11:32 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Love my Line-x. Not heard of Reflex
Old 11-15-2015, 11:44 AM

Received 400 Likes on 173 Posts

Six of one a half dozen of the other. They're all good.

The reputation of the shop installing is more important.

I have LineX from a local shop with good reps. I'm happy with it.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is said by the Reflex guys is that Line x is hard and will crack, where the reflex will flex and bounce stuff off it giving it a longer lasting protection. my last two trucks came with it from factory so didn't do any research.

he's saying reflex is not as slippery and better protection. maybe it's a newer product?

anyone use a rubberized type of liner?
Old 11-15-2015, 05:35 PM

Received 158 Likes on 131 Posts

I have had rhino Toff, and linex linex is the best hands down I will never have anything else
Old 11-15-2015, 10:09 PM

Received 137 Likes on 121 Posts

I asked this question a few months ago, all signs pointed to Line-X. I figured it would anyways, but I still asked just to see. I love it so far, the shop I brought it to did a great job.

The accessories dept at my Ford dealer quoted me like $100 higher for the Reflex liner, which I didn't even know existed until I asked what brand they use at the dealership. It was a no brainer... Pay $100 more for something I never heard of or pay $100 less for something people rave about.

Line-X is a quality product with a proven track record, I can't say the same thing about Reflex because I know nothing about them and couldn't really get a straight answer by googling either...

Edit: Keep in mind you're speaking to a salesperson trying to sell you their product... The manager at the accessories dept at the dealership was trying to tell me how bad Rhino and Line-X were while glorifying his product (reflex).

Last edited by BostonBruins; 11-15-2015 at 10:13 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:49 AM

Received 482 Likes on 354 Posts

I'm no expert, but what I have "heard" in doing my research is that Line-X from a good shop is as good as you're going to get. Assuming the shop does the prep correctly, and sprays on an adequate thickness, the Line-X material is resilient enough to flex/bend with the bed and under stress of having things slid on/off of it, while still being rigid/hard enough that it allows things to slid w/out the surface being so grippy that you have to "place" items on/in the bed and or have a hard time sliding things in the bed. Line-X also has a lifetime guarantee, and they offer colored sprays as well as a UV protective coating that keeps it "black" longer than if you choose not to get the UV coating.

I chose Line-X, and couldn't be happier. Mine cost me about $450 installed, and took less than an hour start to finish.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:36 AM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

had several different kinds...Will not get anything other than line x on any vehicles I ever own going forward....not sure how you get it to crack but have it on an '02 that was put on days after bought and it's in excellent condition 14 years later...
Old 11-18-2015, 09:15 AM
dsa

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

I have Linex on one of my trucks. It has discolored, chipped and generally looks bad. Personally, I would not go with Linex unless they extend the warranty or offer some kind of color guarantee.

On my new Lariat, I went with a bed tred. Its non-slip wont fade and has a great warranty from the bed rug company. If you were to look at it, you would swear its a spray in liner....
Old 11-18-2015, 08:24 PM

Received 52 Likes on 52 Posts

I've had the premium Line-X on my truck for over 5 years and it still looks perfect. Lots of landscaping bricks, wood, tiles, etc. have been dragged across the surface and haven't even scratched it. The surface has plenty of texture to keep stuff from sliding around too.

Only thing I don't like is the fact that I can't transfer the bed liner to my next truck. But I'll spend the few hundred again and have the next truck bed sprayed right away, because it is worth it.

Quick Reply: Line X, Reflex, or ??