General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Life expectancy of 2009 F150 Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Life expectancy of 2009 F150 Platinum

Hi guys. I'm looking at getting a 2009 F150 Platinum with 150000 kms. I also ran a VIN check and it had 3 collisions already, two from animals lol. Visually it still looks great. This will be my first truck so I'm still learning. Anyway, I would like to know if I am expecting repair bills with this mileage and history. Thanks!
Old 07-29-2015, 02:43 PM

Received 487 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by orangetag
Hi guys. I'm looking at getting a 2009 F150 Platinum with 150000 kms. I also ran a VIN check and it had 3 collisions already, two from animals lol. Visually it still looks great. This will be my first truck so I'm still learning. Anyway, I would like to know if I am expecting repair bills with this mileage and history. Thanks!
I recently sold my 2010 XLT with the XTR package. I am assuming yours also has the 5.4. Mine was sold with 250,000kms on it and the new buyer wanted his "Personal Mechanic" to inspect it before purchase. The only thing they could find was the rotors "should have been replaced when the pads were replaced". Rock solid truck and it came from a life around Calgary in the salt.

If the one you are looking at was well maintained, it should last you quite some time. if you are in the Calgary area, I can put you in touch with a great salesman.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:03 PM

Received 135 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by orangetag
Anyway, I would like to know if I am expecting repair bills with this mileage and history. Thanks!
Hang on.....let me check
Bahoolie hooolie hoo........bahooolie hoooolie hoo.

Nope, still can't see into the crystal ball to answer your question.

now that I'm done being a smart guy.....
I would not even remotely consider a truck in 3 vehicle collisions already.
Too many repair shops do NOT use Ford OEM quality replacement panels.
That leaves you at GREATER risk if in another accident. Watch this video.

Last edited by CreepinDeth; 07-29-2015 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree, 3 accidents would be a no-go for me, unless the price was amazing and too good to pass up.

As for repair bills, who knows, depends how it was taken care of before you. How hard it was driven, how well they maintained it. If it was well maintained, they can last a long time, if treated like crap, could need all sorts of things before you know it.

Quick Reply: Life expectancy of 2009 F150 Platinum