General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Latest upgrades!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 11:01 AM

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Latest upgrades!

Hi folks. Just wanted to share 2 positive experiences with 2 new upgrades.

As of yesterday, I've replaced the OEM Michelin LTX 265/60/18s with Toyo Open Country II 275/65/18s. If I did my math right, this increased the tire size from just over 30 in to 32 inches. It's probably just a mental thing, but it feels like it sits up significantly higher, for a 2wd. I like the way the Toyo's feel and handle. I've only driven the highway, but the ride is smooth, and a little firmer that on the Michelins. To me, it feels more like a "truck" ride now. I can still turn the wheels completely to both sides with absolutely no rubbing. It looks bigger, and better, and definitely has a better tread. I ran the Toyos on my previous 2000 F150 4x4 and love them there. I expect I'll love them on my 2013 XLT 2wd also.

Also, I recently installed the JDM ASTAR 800 lumens Extremely Bright Error Free 921 912 PX Chipsets LED Bulbs For Backup Reverse Lights, Xenon White. I needed a little more light when backing up, and these did the job. They don't cast a much light as bumper mounted LEDs, but are definitely better than the OEM reverse bulbs. I'm not a good enough photographer to capture the difference as seen behind the truck, but in my personal opinion, they're definitely brighter.

So if you're looking for upgrades in these 2 areas, I'd highly recommend the Toyo AT IIs and the JDM ASTAR 800 reverse lights!!

Last edited by tomtom@thomaste.com; 01-26-2017 at 11:02 AM. Reason: remove duplication
The following users liked this post:
techrep (01-26-2017)