General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a heads up.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just a heads up.

I dont want to sound pushy, or even like a salesman. A few members of this site found this info themselves, and thought I should pass it along to those of you on the fence about getting the Edge Evolution.

Basically what is happening is, Edge products has been abused by many dealers over the years. Infact it is almost always a race to dealer cost just to sell their products. What this does is discourage dealers from selling Edge products. Why would I want to sell an item if I'm only going to make 5 dollars on it? Its not worth me putting out my money to put it on my shelves.

Anyway, Edge has already started raising dealer cost, and soon if they find you selling below MAP price you will no longer be able to sell their products.

Just food for thought before dealer cost sky rockets. We have been told that Edge will be calling dealers looking for special deals, and then boom, your done.

Buy one or not, from me or someone else, it doesnt matter. A few members wanted me to share with you what we know about the situation. Below is a link to the program Edge is putting into place this April.

Have a good week.

Patrick

http://www.edgeproductsmvp.com/(S(z3...20overview.pdf
Old 01-30-2007, 02:51 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Thats some good info to know.

Thanks Patrick
Old 01-30-2007, 05:32 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Patrick, thanks for posting this info. Hope this make anyone on the fence decide before the price increases.

Yes it's worth it imo, unless you want custom tunes. I have tried the Hypertech in my 05 and I wasted my money buying it. I sold it on ebay and got 200 back out of it. I took that money and bought my Edge and what a difference in tunes. I plan to go with a custom tuner in the near (hopefully soon) future. But for a can tunner I don't think it can be beat and you get extra gauges to monitor all kinds of stuff. Very helpful for me when I'm towing my heavy load.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:55 PM

Sounds good.

If you get the custom tune we have a new product out that should work well with it. Actually its pretty funny now that i think of it. It is the Dashawk by MSD. MSD owns Edge. They came out with a standalone gauge that looks just like the Evolution tuners. So now you CAN have the best of both worlds. It does all of the performance testing also.

LINK
Old 01-30-2007, 06:58 PM

That looks very neat i might have to look into those.

So you can use MSD product w/ troyer tunes?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:34 PM

The Dashawk is a stand alone gauge system. It has nothing to do with tuning.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by DiscountPowerParts
The Dashawk is a stand alone gauge system. It has nothing to do with tuning.
Thats what i thught but just wanted to check.

300 bucks plus whatever tune can get pricey tho, i might just go with the edge before the prices go up.

Quick Reply: Just a heads up.