General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ignition

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ignition

i need to put ne tumblers in my truck, yet i have no idea how to even start takin the stearing column apart, any one got any advice on how to put it in?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by 91.5.0.ltr
i need to put ne tumblers in my truck, yet i have no idea how to even start takin the stearing column apart, any one got any advice on how to put it in?
The tumblers are in the lock/key cylinder.There should be a small pin hole really close to the hazzard flasher switch.Turn the ignition switch to the on position and take a small pick and place in the pin hole.Press and pull the lock cylinder.The lock cylinder should slide out.What is the concern of your truck?I have seen more actuators going bad than actual ignition lock cylinders.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:14 PM

i dont really know what it wrong with it, but the key wont turn at all when i put it in the ignition, it seams like its the wrong key, and it just started doing that one day after my dad took my truck for a drive, so i figured something happened to the tumbler, so i cant even turn it to the on position to take it out is there any other ways to take them out? or do i need a whole new ignition?
Old 05-18-2007, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by 91.5.0.ltr
i dont really know what it wrong with it, but the key wont turn at all when i put it in the ignition, it seams like its the wrong key, and it just started doing that one day after my dad took my truck for a drive, so i figured something happened to the tumbler, so i cant even turn it to the on position to take it out is there any other ways to take them out? or do i need a whole new ignition?
If you cannot turn it to the on position,then you will probably have to drill it to remove it.If it were mine,I would lower the steering column down and remove the ignition switch from the top of the column and see if it will turn then.The ignition switch is held on by two 27 tamper proof torx screws.

Quick Reply: ignition