Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need a tranny and drive line that can handle a 21 yr old

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 04:46 AM
ford for life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question i need a tranny and drive line that can handle a 21 yr old

I need some help. I have a 05fx4 f-150. I love my truck and always want it to go faster. So I put a diablo programer on it then with my lead foot 4 months later the tranny went out. Well I didnt learn, got it fix and I put it back in because it gave the truck that extra lil bit but now the tranny is acting werid so I took it out before it blew it all the way up. My goal is to get 500 to 600 HP at the wheels. So if anyone knows some tranny mods or a new tranny that will handle a 21 yr old. Let me know thanks.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:30 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You can do anything IF you want to spend the
money. You'll never do what you want using OEM
parts. You're gonna have to go very high tech.

Is it really worth it? Not really, to me at least...

Good luck on blowen your money..
Old 04-27-2010, 09:22 AM
^ drinks KC Tea

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

lotsa time and lotsa money. a kid on here just had his tranny professionally rebuilt to handle either 5 or 600 hp because hes putting an eaton on it. cost him around like 2500 i believe. his user name is 01f1502wd and his name is jarrett. and to the guy above come on. dont gotta put some smart *** comment in at the end. its his money and if thats what he wants dont hate on him. this forum USED to be ALOT more friendly than it has been recently. OP good luck on the truck hope you get it to haul ***
Old 04-27-2010, 03:32 PM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

^ Ya what he said. Was going to say maybe a lightning tranny but that wont work as you have an FX4.

But I do have to ask bro what you need all that power for. I lived in Alaska for several years and 500hp on a truck seems nuts. You are gonna be spinning your wheels for sure and going no where fast. I could see it in a 250 or more if you were going up semi frozen rivers or such, I knew several guys who did that with sled trailers and atv's. I just know that the 300hp car I had was pure suckage in winter up there and thats 9 months of the year!

Anyways good luck.

Quick Reply: i need a tranny and drive line that can handle a 21 yr old