General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just wanna say...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I just wanna say...

I pulled an '04 chevy avalanche out of the mud with my '96 f150. i wish i had a picture so i could show it to every chevy lover haha
Old 11-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi-Rev Motorsports

Received 63 Likes on 62 Posts

ha thats funny....man I have drove some Chevy trucks that were gutless...the worst being a older body style 87...

anything newer than 79 was just gutless to me...

my 78 was a blast to drive...400 engine with 38s and 4.10 gears...I pulled a Gas meter service truck through the mud once as he pulled behind a house early in the morning when the ground was frozen...mid day it thawed and he sank...

easiest 50.00 I made that day...lol

I got it stuck once...but it took 3 trucks to get me out...I was 4 feet buried in a ditch...
Old 11-24-2009, 10:25 PM

haha well we were dumping leaves cus we were doing a raking job and a friend said we could dump it on his farm so both of our trucks were loaded and there was a dirt road between woods and a field, in delaware we've bin getting a lot of rain lately so turning the trucks around his got stuck in the field that was pretty muddy. at my school theres more chevys than fords and i cant wait to tell all of them this story haha
Old 11-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

id just like to say that i dont beleive an avalance to be truck anyway lol
Old 11-25-2009, 06:38 PM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 95stepside
I agree they are NOT trucks..
Old 11-25-2009, 10:32 PM

either way, its a chevy and i pulled it out with my ford lol
Old 11-26-2009, 12:35 AM

I have to make a confession. I got stuck last weekend in my truck and a chevy pulled me out I do have nearly bald basically road tires and I was just kinda playing around in a muddy field do a friend pulled me out with his 2500HD but he didnt evn go into the mud
Old 11-26-2009, 02:56 AM
Bleeds FORD Blue

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love stories like this. I wish I would have taken pics when I pulled an 06 chevy across a snowy field pulling a car trailer. That was fun. Where there are tree belts, there were dips in the ground cuz we were running along the edge of the field, about half a mile, to the tree belt, ntm there are little dips all over the place, and its hard to see them when its cloudy and the field is covered in snow. So i was leading, and plowed through a dip. The snow was probably about 2 and a half feet or so,and I make some good tracks for him to follow. As soon as his nose went into the that dip he was hung up. So I hook up to him, give him a couple jerks and hes out of that one. So were cruising along at about 10-15mph, and come up to another dip, still hooked up to him, again crawling through it. as soon as i clear and he see's im back on somewhat solid ground(snow covered field), he punches it, and i keep moving, and he gets hung up again, sling shotting me back, and i stayed on the throttle, and kept on pullin!
So youre probably wondering what we were doing with a trailer in a field in the middle of winter. Well we were cutting down some dead trees in a tree line. So we loaded these logs onto his trailer. On the way out, he got stuck once, so I stayed hooked to him the rest of the way out. The worst part was the approach getting into the field. I almost got stuck pullin his sorry ***** out.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:33 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 95stepside
even though I think they are hideous and don't consider them a 'true' truck you must realize that it is the exact same frame, powertrain, etc. with a different body tacked on?
Old 11-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

yes i realize its on a truck frame and are all 4wd optional(correct me if im wrong i dont pay attention to them lol) but it just doesnt look like a truck. and while im on the subject does it bug anybody else when people call SUVs trucks? i know its all the same underneath but it still annoys me

Quick Reply: I just wanna say...