Cant get this off
Attached Images  
Old 03-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Kill em all

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hope this helps.

Manual Locking Hubs

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
  1. To remove hub, first separate cap assembly from body assembly by removing the six (6) socket head capscrews from the cap assembly and slip apart.
  2. Remove snapring (retainer ring) from the end of the axle shaft.
  3. Remove the lock ring seated in the groove of the wheel hub. The body assembly will now slide out of the wheel hub. If necessary, use an appropriate puller to remove the body assembly.
  4. Install hub in reverse order of removal. Torque socket head capscrews to 30–50 inch lbs. (3.4–5.64 Nm).
Automatic Locking Hubs

REMOVAL
  1. Remove the 5 capscrews with a TX25 Torx® bit, and remove hub cap assembly from the hub.
    NOTE: Take care to avoid dropping the spring, ball bearing, bearing race or retainer!
  2. Remove the rubber seal.
  3. Remove the seal bridge (a small metal stamping) from the retainer ring space.
  4. Remove lock ring seated in the groove of the wheel hub by compressing the ends with a needle nose pliers, while pulling the hub lock from the hub body. If body assembly does not slide out easily, use an appropriate puller.
  5. If the hub and spindle are being removed:
    1. Remove the C-washer from the groove in the stub shaft.
    2. Remove the splined spacer from the shaft.
    3. Remove the outer locknut, locking washer and inner bearing locknut.
    4. Pull the hub and bearings from the spindle.
  6. See the Wheel Bearing procedures for cleaning and repacking the bearings.
Attached Images  
Old 12-31-2012, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem when I originally disassembled my 95 auto hubs. I also had the same diagram available to me which does not show the same assembly. There is an internal snap ring in a groove. Spray some carb cleaner in the hub around this cap and use a flashlight to shine in there and you will see it. Use a pick and this ring will pop right out. Hope this helps anyone else out that comes across this same problem in the future. You will also need a special hub socket(I believe it is a 2.5" socket) to remove the bearings and rotor.

Quick Reply: Hub assebmly help cant gett off 1995 f150