General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to test fuel injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 10:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default how to test fuel injectors?

i got a 4.9l 93 f150 and was wondering how would i test the fuel injectors? i have them off the rail. and if i have to get new ones can i get some that push out more fuel and would it give me a little more power?
Old 09-14-2009, 05:26 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

You can test them electrically with an ohm meter, spray pattern is another issue. I believe injectors have flow ratings and changing size is an option. Doubt if its available thru Ford, probably aftermarket.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:26 PM

yeah on summit racing i can get them. i dont know what stock is but i would like to up it if i can get some more power out of the engine.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:35 PM

ok ive put stock injectors back in my truck and truck ran like crap. so i suspected cyl #3. a couple days before it went i have a mechanics stethescope and heard that it was saying open longer tnat the other ones and it was probably on its last days. so i stuck 2 of the 20# injectors on cyl 3 and 6, cause 6 was my cabon fouled cyl. now i jsut want to replace all of them at once with new injectors cause i want them to last and know that they will work. if stock is 14#. https://fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22196

and i read some where where 17# would also work at the fuel pressure the stock #14s are running at, they are injecting the same amount of fuel a set of #17s would at a normal pressure.
and summint racing is cheaper than buying from auto store and i cant find 14# on the website. my question is,

would 15# or 17# work? ive found the lowest 15# on summit racing and now i read about 17# bing the same flow rate as 14# would the 17 work

Quick Reply: how to test fuel injectors?