General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hose not connected????

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hose not connected????

It seems the more things I fix the more I find, I'm having more problems than you can shoot a stick at.

Hose not connected????
I just bought a 93 f150 and am going through it fixing this and that.

I have a hose that is suppose to be connected to the block, but it is not.

I would reconnect the hose, but whatever was coming from the block seems to be missing.

The hose connection area, is back near the fire wall behind the manifold.

The hose looks like it runs to the smog unit, that is run by the belts in front of the engine.

Does anyone know what I am trying to say? What was if anything coming from the motor that the hose was connected to? Right not it just looks like an open hole, cannot tell if a pipe was threaded in to this opening, or a pipe was pressed in or welded there.

Is there a replacement part I can buy that will fix this problem or will I have to have someone weld it or what.

The truck seems to run fine, but when I dry fit the connection together the motor seems to even out and run smoother.

I have been having a problem with the vibrating when I give it the gas at 10 to 30 miles per hour, when I let off the gas it goes away, higher speed this does not occur please help.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:50 PM
Mark

Received 2,416 Likes on 2,117 Posts

Sounds like the smog pump is disconnected...Pic's would really help...
Old 04-15-2011, 03:56 PM

Default Picture?

I can just barely get my head back there to see it, that with holding the flash light I have yet to really see it myself that is why I am asking the questions about whether it is threaded or what.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:07 PM

Default hose

I just went back out to see the proble area. The engine has cooled down enough for me to lay on the engine and peer in that direction, In a side ways glance conorted as hell I was able to see,., that the hose is connected,, to what looks like hollowed out giant hex hed unit that is threaded in to I guess the block.

If I can find a socket that big would you advise I try to get it out to better see?????
Old 04-16-2011, 07:52 AM
Mark

Received 2,416 Likes on 2,117 Posts

Go buy a haynes manual at your local auto parts store...they cost $15-20 and will show you everything your going to need...all hose connections....sounds like your feed hose from your manifold to your pump is disconnected...

Quick Reply: Hose not connected????