Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood Deflector vs Car Wash

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 10:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hood Deflector vs Car Wash

Hi Folks,

Wondering if this has happened to anyone before (want to believe it has)...

I have a '13 King Ranch (Eco) that had the deflectors installed (hood, windows etc). Last week when running it through a car wash (one that I've used many times before btw) the hood deflector was nearly blown clear off. Upon inspection, I see that the 4 screws/bolts that hold the bottom edge of the deflector to the hood are missing and it was only the clips at the ends holding in on. I don't recall seeing the deflector this flimsy along the way, but clearly they've become lose and fallen off (in the wash or elsewhere).

So, outside of my curiosity if it's happened to anyone else, what I really need help with is finding replacement screws/bolts. Anything I've found at auto parts/Lowes/Home Depot either won't fit the thread or is too long for the application. Ideally, I'd like to just buy the hardware kit that comes along with the defector, but my local Ford Dealer says they can't do that.

Anyone with suggestions?? Thanks much in advance!
Old 09-18-2015, 10:42 AM

Received 87 Likes on 80 Posts

Any decent hardware store should have screws that will work. Lowes has at least 1 aisle dedicated to screws, nuts, bolts.

Quick Reply: Hood Deflector vs Car Wash