Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

HID's issue (newbie)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 12:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HID's issue (newbie)

Howzit everyone , I recently purchased a 2015 F150 xlt 3.5 eco 4x4 crewcab , my issue I'm having is I just installed HID headlights to my truck and it works when the truck is off , but as soon as you start her up the HID's turn off . I tried to turn them on when truck is running and it flickers for like a second and doesn't come on . I also installed the error decoder . Please help need my lights . Thank you ahead of time .
Old 07-29-2015, 12:59 PM

Received 223 Likes on 153 Posts

What brand HID's?
Old 07-29-2015, 01:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Opt7
Old 07-29-2015, 01:40 PM

Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts

did you run a separate harness with a relay and fuse coming straight off the batt or did you just plug directly into the oem harness?
Old 07-29-2015, 04:13 PM

Received 223 Likes on 153 Posts

ahhh another cheap HID's in reflector housing person.

Sorry, you buy chinglish HID's and throw them in the stock housings, you BLIND everyone on the road while giving you LESS usable light than the factory halogen bulbs.

Pull those out and either retrofit your current headlights with projectors, purchase and install OEM HID housings, or leave the halogens in.

Doing anything else is a disrespect to everyone else on the road.
The following users liked this post:
Greywalls (07-30-2015)
Old 07-30-2015, 12:04 AM
Parts Guy

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

FIRST dont come on this site asking about HIDs in factory headlights. all the criers come out. lol........wait for it someone just got mad. bwhahaha.
ANYWAY, what opt7 did you get? blitz, ac blitz? It is a stirght wire in system, no cuting? It sounds like you have something badwards. which is hard to do but i would start there. Hope this helps.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:18 AM

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lewis26
ahhh another cheap HID's in reflector housing person.

Sorry, you buy chinglish HID's and throw them in the stock housings, you BLIND everyone on the road while giving you LESS usable light than the factory halogen bulbs.

Pull those out and either retrofit your current headlights with projectors, purchase and install OEM HID housings, or leave the halogens in.

Doing anything else is a disrespect to everyone else on the road.
LMAO who gives a sh*t about anyone else on the road. I don't, in fact I enjoy being that *****hole blinding everyone. hell I even drive with my brights on 90% of the time .

YA CANT SEE ME
Old 07-30-2015, 10:28 AM
Ford Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pimpjuice
LMAO who gives a sh*t about anyone else on the road. I don't, in fact I enjoy being that *****hole blinding everyone. hell I even drive with my brights on 90% of the time .

YA CANT SEE ME
Not sure if joking or trolling or what...

If this is serious...just no words.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:45 AM
Parts Guy

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by pimpjuice

YA CANT SEE ME
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!! do you know how many people on here you just got mad. Thats funny.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:36 PM

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Ictok16
Not sure if joking or trolling or what...

If this is serious...just no words.
I'm actually being dead serious. If someone goes around worrying about others on the road then nobody would do half the **** to their trucks on here. Putting brighter headlights in the truck is no different then the guys with lifted trucks driving behind someone at night with their stock bulbs. Ever been in that car in front of a lifted truck? It's worse then driving towards someone with brighter headlights. So damn if you do and damn if you don't. It's just a matter of which team your playing on. The truck team or the car team
The following users liked this post:
beetlevegas (07-31-2015)

Quick Reply: HID's issue (newbie)