General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hesitation accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hesitation accelerating

I have 2014 stx, and every time I accelerate normally, there's a slight delay and then a somewhat hard shift. It doesnt slam into gear or anything tho. It feels as tho it takes a moment for the torque converter to engage, or like it's a fly by wire problem. My rpms rise and I can feel the engine reving up, but for a brief moment the truck sits still. I barely have 2700 miles on the truck. I've heard of the trucks hesitating while flooring it but not what's happening to mine. I was wondering if it's happened to anyone else?
Old 10-01-2014, 01:45 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy15
I have 2014 stx, and every time I accelerate normally, there's a slight delay and then a somewhat hard shift. It doesnt slam into gear or anything tho. It feels as tho it takes a moment for the torque converter to engage, or like it's a fly by wire problem. My rpms rise and I can feel the engine reving up, but for a brief moment the truck sits still. I barely have 2700 miles on the truck. I've heard of the trucks hesitating while flooring it but not what's happening to mine. I was wondering if it's happened to anyone else?
Welcome to the forum, Jimmy15. Since you're concerned, you can always bring this up to your dealership; I'm sure they'd be happy to check things out for you. Let us know what you hear from them.

Crystal

Quick Reply: Hesitation accelerating