Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help OEM Radio Swap

Old 01-31-2007, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help OEM Radio Swap

I have two F150's...my work truck is an 07' Scab that is a basic work truck with rollup windows, ect and I want to get a Ford CD player to replace the AM/FM only that Ford installed, but I have run into problems with the radio to antenna hookup being different. Is there an adapter I can get? I need some help and my local Ford dealer is useless....
My second vehicle (personal truck) is an 04' SuperCrew Lariat and has the 6 disk in dash changer (stock radio from Ford) and I want to see about upgrading to the audiophile radio...just need to find out about compatability or will I run into the same things as with my 07' truck! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
BMC13
Old 02-01-2007, 10:48 AM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

This is the adapter you need for the antenna http://www.crutchfield.com/S-RHkuqbt...10&i=12040CR10
For your 04, upgrading to the audiophile radio shouldn't be a problem. If your wanting to add the oem sub that came with that system you probably don't have the wiring for it to feed the sub. You should check for it first if your wanting to add the sub before you go through the hassel. But the head unit is plug in and play.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help OEM Radio Swap