General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hella vs Other brands

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hella vs Other brands

So i snagged a deal on 4 8" HID hellas but they didnt have a wiring harness and im not sure if theyll work. But its okay because i paid 40 bucks for em. I could wire em for 120ish but the whole HID wiring thing seems like a pain to do. So i was thinking maybe halogen or led lights instead. Im not interested in a roof mounted lightbar because i really dig the old school look. I was thinking KC or PIAa maybe? All input is appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-20-2015, 07:50 PM
2018 XLT FX4

Received 641 Likes on 396 Posts

I'm a PIAA customer for life. Their customer service is second to none. I had a set of PIAA's for over 15 years on three different vehicles. Finally the mounts and hardware finally gave up the ghost to NY winters and were completely unserviceable. I called PIAA CS and asked if I could buy new mounting hardware. The CSR said, "Ill do you one better. Send me the lights and I'll send you a brand new pair". Needless to say, I was floored! Yup, they got my attention AND my business!
Old 11-21-2015, 12:03 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm a Hella Customer myself. I have 4 on my truck currently, 3 on my last truck, and my Dad had 4 on his truck as well. I love them! Never had an issue with them, and they mount and wire easily. I would recommend them to anyone. I'd say its worth finding some wiring kits.

Quick Reply: Hella vs Other brands