Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heat only works on high everything new

Old 04-08-2016, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat only works on high everything new

I have a 2000 f150 5.4 with the heater only working on high. I replaced the resistor and resistor connector after they were both fried. Then the heat didn't work at all. I then replaced the thermostat then the heat worked on all speeds for a couple of hours, then it stopped working all together. At that time I replaced the blower motor relay then still nothing worked. With the heat switched turned on high I banged the blower motor with a hammer and the heat would come on but once I switched it off from the **** it would not come back on without giving it a few knocks with the hammer. With that said I replaced the blower motor thinking that would be the fix. Now the heat works but still only on high. I replaced the control switch for the speed, still the heater is only working on high. I am out of ideas and would like to see if anyone else has ran into a problem like this.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now that you have replace the blower motor, you will likely need to replace the resistor again.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes thank you! I replaced the resistor and it works fine. I've been a member of this forum for all of an hour and already you guys are helping a lot. It was such a headache dealing with only high heat. Thanks again

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heat only works on high everything new