General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hard to shut door

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hard to shut door

Hello I have a 2008 Supercab 4x4 the driver side door is hard to shut you have to slam it the dealer said it is normal for ford truks
Has any one had this ? any help?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It looks a lot like russian way of warranty. I think you can start with adding some grease to hinges, may be with greasing press (sorry don't know it's name in English), if the door dowsn't feel like it's lowered or not matching to other body parts
Old 10-27-2008, 11:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it hard to shut because the door doesn't line up with the latch or is it because it swings hard?
Old 10-27-2008, 12:21 PM
I NOM NOM NOM Threads...

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Does it not latch properly or just heavy to swing? If heavy and not out of alignment, just grease it like our Russian friend above said, that should work.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Pimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the hinges and striker catch plate as well. Look at the paint where they mount to the door pillar. If you see a shadow line where it looks like the hinge used to be they may have come loose and thrown the door alignment off.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:56 PM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

Is this your first newer truck? It may just be because the truck is new, and the door seals are great. When you close the door the air doesn't have a place to escape and it makes closing the door a little hard. I think it's the Mustangs that roll the window down as you close the door to make shutting it easier. On an older vehicle that doesn't seal like a new one then it's easier to close the door since the air can vent. Try closing the passenger side and see if it reacts the same way, since you probably don't use that door much you can see if it does the same thing.

Quick Reply: hard to shut door