General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hard break pedal

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry hard break pedal

i have a 2005 f150 lariet supercrew. yesterday i tried to start my truck and it started after the 3rd attempt however there is something wrong with my brakes. The pedal is really hard to press and i noticed that the engine light was on and is still on. the truck stops however it takes awhile and alot of leg pressure. any suggestions? had truck on diagnostic last week and the spark plugs were changed and tech told me that the truck also needed a fuel pump which has not been changed yet. truck has 90k miles. just cant figure out what would cause the brakes to behave that way..
Old 11-18-2007, 03:00 PM

Received 211 Likes on 191 Posts

First guess would be either that the brake booster or its vacuum line has failed.

Get the computer code pulled - it has flagged something for the Check Engine light to be on. Perhaps that will give better direction.

Suggest to get on this pretty quick. Rice-burners don't make very good hood ornaments. :-)
Old 11-29-2007, 10:12 PM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Does this system use a vacuum check valve? I had one fail on a my Cougar and the brakes acted just like you describe, like the booster was not working.

Quick Reply: hard break pedal