Forscan applications - Page 3 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



Forscan applications

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2016, 10:37 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Firerunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 714
Thanked 132 Times in 109 Posts
Default

I too would love to open and close the windows with the fob, but from what I have read it's not even an option on the f-series.
Firerunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:02 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Livoniabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: SE Michigain
Posts: 4,015
Thanked 892 Times in 627 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firerunner View Post
̶M̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶a̶l̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶.̶.̶.̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶m̶p̶t̶ ̶(̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶u̶g̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶u̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶)̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶.̶.̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶&̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶.

In the Manual (page#64) it is under autolock & autounlock - "When your doors auto lock while driving, stopping the vehicle then switching the ignition off or to accessory and opening the driver door unlocks all your doors."
I'm not getting out of the truck my wife is,,, at the garage sale.. Been trying to teach her how to unlock her door... Thought this would be easier on me!! I just sit in the truck listening to the radio for the 15 minutes it plays and count how many times I have to repush the start button to keep track of how long she is there.. Can't see any relationship to how many pushes to how much junk or money spent..
Livoniabob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:08 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Firerunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 714
Thanked 132 Times in 109 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livoniabob View Post
I'm not getting out of the truck my wife is,,, at the garage sale.. Been trying to teach her how to unlock her door... Thought this would be easier on me!! I just sit in the truck listening to the radio for the 15 minutes it plays and count how many times I have to repush the start button to keep track of how long she is there.. Can't see any relationship to how many pushes to how much junk or money spent..
lol...got ya, my fix definitely won't work in that situation!
Firerunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:15 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
fordtrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 457
Thanked 58 Times in 53 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firerunner View Post
I too would love to open and close the windows with the fob, but from what I have read it's not even an option on the f-series.
You never know with the guys on this forum, you never could get rid of that double honk either but they found a way around it!
fordtrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:25 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 140
Thanked 23 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja8799 View Post
Have you actually done these using forscan? Or are you just stating you would like to know if/how they can be done?
I haven't done it but would like to know if it can be done..
smkn3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:54 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
srg963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 1,676
Thanked 327 Times in 233 Posts
Default

How about turning off the "Keep Hands On Steering Wheel" message? I'd love to kill that sucker!
srg963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:21 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Livoniabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: SE Michigain
Posts: 4,015
Thanked 892 Times in 627 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srg963 View Post
How about turning off the "Keep Hands On Steering Wheel" message? I'd love to kill that sucker!
I'll not be working on that,,, it's one of my favorite features.
Livoniabob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:54 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
fordtrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 457
Thanked 58 Times in 53 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srg963 View Post
How about turning off the "Keep Hands On Steering Wheel" message? I'd love to kill that sucker!
Either I don't have that annoying message or it's turned off. I never have both hands on the wheel unless its winter and I'm warming them up
fordtrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:00 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Livoniabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: SE Michigain
Posts: 4,015
Thanked 892 Times in 627 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrk View Post
Either I don't have that annoying message or it's turned off. I never have both hands on the wheel unless its winter and I'm warming them up
It doesn't really know how many hands are on the wheel.. What it does is let us know what kind of driver you are by posting that you never get it. In your case you are just average.. A smooth driver like srg963 or myself gets this message every few minutes. A average driver never sees it.. A BAD driver gets the coffee and take a break warning! But most of the time they really need a "get of the dam phone warning"..

Last edited by Livoniabob; 06-01-2016 at 09:02 PM.
Livoniabob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:17 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
fordtrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 457
Thanked 58 Times in 53 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livoniabob View Post
It doesn't really know how many hands are on the wheel.. What it does is let us know what kind of driver you are by posting that you never get it. In your case you are just average.. A smooth driver like srg963 or myself gets this message every few minutes. A average driver never sees it.. A BAD driver gets the coffee and take a break warning! But most of the time they really need a "get of the dam phone warning"..
Hahaha, now I have to try no hands to see if that pops up! I have let go of the wheel checking my alignment,seems to go straight so maybe I didn't have them off long enough.
fordtrk is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thoughts: Michelin Defender LTX M/S LT EcoAZ 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 7 05-17-2016 02:31 AM
List of options dealer can set in truck modules Livnitup 2015 - Present Ford F150 10 05-14-2016 11:24 AM
Change or Flush Transmission? Answered. 650NutKase 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 2 05-10-2016 05:08 PM
Thoughts on a 2002 excursion 6.8 mh64 1997 - 2003 Ford F150 14 05-02-2016 10:02 PM
Changing unlock settings on the key fob? Motorcity1 2015 - Present Ford F150 7 04-27-2016 10:28 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 2016 F150Forum.com