Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford vs. Chevy

Old 08-29-2015, 05:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford vs. Chevy

I have a 05 F150 FX4 with 176K miles on it, used as an oilfield truck so it has been rode hard and put up wet. It had a lot of problems in the beginning, but nothing a little time under the hood and some tore up hands and grease stained pants couldn't fix. My real issue here is... why in the sam heck do so many people give Ford owners so much guff about driving a Ford? Everyone says that they just breakdown all the time, or they have terrible MPG, or the age old acronyms Fixed Or Repaired Daily. I am sick of hearing all of these shots being fired at an All American vehicle designed by a brilliant and driven (get it?) man.

What makes Chevy's so much more superior than Fords? I have owned both and think both are solidly built and drive smooth and look pretty BA driving down the road. I just want to know why so many people have so much crap to say about a vehicle company that has produced some of the finest vehicles to ever grace the pavement.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:02 AM
Okie Coupe

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by BustedKnuckleF150
I have a 05 F150 FX4 with 176K miles on it, used as an oilfield truck so it has been rode hard and put up wet. It had a lot of problems in the beginning, but nothing a little time under the hood and some tore up hands and grease stained pants couldn't fix. My real issue here is... why in the sam heck do so many people give Ford owners so much guff about driving a Ford? Everyone says that they just breakdown all the time, or they have terrible MPG, or the age old acronyms Fixed Or Repaired Daily. I am sick of hearing all of these shots being fired at an All American vehicle designed by a brilliant and driven (get it?) man.

What makes Chevy's so much more superior than Fords? I have owned both and think both are solidly built and drive smooth and look pretty BA driving down the road. I just want to know why so many people have so much crap to say about a vehicle company that has produced some of the finest vehicles to ever grace the pavement.
Because they're driving something else. I think we do our share of Chevy, RAM and Tundra bashing as well. https://www.f150forum.com/f15/chevy-...t-list-312453/

Last edited by shortride; 08-29-2015 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shortride
Because they're driving something else. I think we do our share of Chevy, RAM and Tundra bashing as well. https://www.f150forum.com/f15/chevy-...t-list-312453/
I don't get it either. I've driven all 3 and ford blows them out of the water. We have a fleet of Chevys at work and they all have problems.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:53 PM
FX4RoadWarrior

Received 493 Likes on 352 Posts

GM builds a tough truck that's why.

People say things like you describe because they are fan bois
Old 08-29-2015, 03:50 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Little dick syndrome, they have to compensate somehow and cheap shots at the competition is their only avenue of release. They can't run with the big dogs so they light the porch on fire and fan the flames, take your pic or add your own theory.

Last edited by RLXXI; 08-29-2015 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:34 PM

I don't think anything is wrong with Chevy, I just prefer Ford trucks for their reliability, tough as nails craftsmanship, durability, and the fact that they are made in the U.S.A. Oh and Ford made the mustang, let's not overlook that.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:43 PM
XL forever!

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Frankly in my experience Ford trucks are more reliable. I've have nothing but bad experiences with GM trucks.

Oh,and another one is F***ed up Old Reconditioned Dodge!
Old 08-29-2015, 07:08 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Usually jealously, or op perfers one or the other. They believe everybody should drive the same thing.

Ive have great experiences with all 6 gm vehicles Ive owned! But, this time Ford had the better deal on the crewcab truck I wanted by $4k less than the GMC I liked! So now Im a 1st time Ford owner.

Last edited by Toddman38; 08-29-2015 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:45 PM

Received 234 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Blank102

Oh,and another one is F***ed up Old Reconditioned Dodge!
I prefer "fiercely owning recalled duramax".

I noticed there are the ones who poke fun at ford because they're an easy target, but theyre also realists and they can give credit where credits due, and they can admit that GM doesn't have a perfect record either. Most of my GM enthusiast buddies are like this.
But then theres the other breed (or should I say inbred) of chevy fan who thinks ford is worse than satan himself. and these elitist f***tards are so deep into this delusion of GM being godlike and ford being worthless that the only way to settle the conversation with them is to knock a few of their teeth out since they have a 5 year olds mentality.
I never instigate anything but if anyone wants to talk **** to me, I simply reply "garbage motors fanboy?"

Last edited by johndog82; 08-29-2015 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:12 PM

I know people that come up with the same excuse every time I ask about Ford and what they think about the company and I hear this "They just breakdown all the time." Hell, even a girl I was talking to wouldn't date me because I drive an FX4 F150... I don't know my Ford history, but they use a lot of Fords in movies, and Ford has been around just as long if not longer than General Motors and provides excellent quality vehicles. My F150 used to be an oilfield truck and has over 176K miles on it, she has been put through the ringer and still rides smooth, turns tight, has good get-up-and-go, and is comfortable to drive. It's people that have a raging Chevy boner that give me diabetes. I swear...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford vs. Chevy