General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Dealers using Non Motorcraft Fluids & Oil

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 12:09 AM

Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts
Question Ford Dealers using Non Motorcraft Fluids & Oil

I went to a small Ford Dealership to buy Differential Fluid. They gave me a SAE 140 Non Synthetic Gear Oil. They're Tech are not even aware about the Metal Tag on the Diff that says "Synthetic Fluid Only". If they are selling gasoline I would think it's Gas Station Dealership instead of a Ford.

Is it against Ford's Policy for Ford Dealers to used Non Motorcraft Fluids & Oil to service customers vehicle?
Old 05-27-2014, 02:32 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

I never heard of one not selling FoMoCo products. I don't know what Ford's policy is though. You could call Customer Service, they surely can tell you.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:37 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't think there is a policy on it (I've heard of dealers that don't use Motorcraft oil either), but I bet Ford gives them a hard time for it. Our dealer that I work uses all Motorcraft for our fluids.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:41 PM
Batteries Not Included

Received 294 Likes on 190 Posts

My dealer uses both Motorcraft and several other popular brands. I have always liked Mobil 1 and they use that upon request. If I am not mistaken they only stock Motorcraft filters though, which is fine by me because I believe they are a good product.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:56 PM
FORD PARTS FANATIC

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Motorcraft makes a fine product, if it's good enough to leave the factory with it, and you know that all stock following the recommended maintenance schedule they will usually run for a long time...
The following 2 users liked this post by Earlsays:
sgtpatiolantern (05-27-2014), Wanted33 (05-28-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 05:59 PM
Batteries Not Included

Received 294 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Earlsays
Motorcraft makes a fine product, if it's good enough to leave the factory with it, and you know that all stock following the recommended maintenance schedule they will usually run for a long time...
Any brand I have ever owned has been repaired with genuine parts, and I have never had trouble. Some may disagree, but my experience has been good. Bought my first Ford in 2001, and I am on my third one now. Each one dealer serviced with no issues. I'm sold.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:47 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

The small town dealer I worked at had a 55 gal bulk drum of Kendal motor oil we would use unless the customer asked for something different, we carried several brands and weights in smaller jugs just for that reason, if we didn't have what the customer wanted we would call a local parts house and they would run it out to us.

Trending Topics

Old 05-27-2014, 07:13 PM

Received 168 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by w0lvez
I went to a small Ford Dealership to buy Differential Fluid. They gave me a SAE 140 Non Synthetic Gear Oil. They're Tech are not even aware about the Metal Tag on the Diff that says "Synthetic Fluid Only". If they are selling gasoline I would think it's Gas Station Dealership instead of a Ford.

Is it against Ford's Policy for Ford Dealers to used Non Motorcraft Fluids & Oil to service customers vehicle?
Did you tell them what it was for?

Maybe your question was generic so they gave you generic.

Could be they would have used synthetic if they were actually putting it in the differential.

Quick Reply: Ford Dealers using Non Motorcraft Fluids & Oil