General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog Lamp Replacement Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 10:19 AM

Received 482 Likes on 354 Posts

Default Fog Lamp Replacement Bulbs

I did some searching, but there are a gazillion results, and unfortunately I don't have time to dig too much here. So, I'm hoping someone can give me an answer on this w/out getting upset that I didn't find it on my own via the search function

I have a 2014 w/ the HID headlights, which are 5000K color/temp. I want to replace my fog lamp bulbs w/ 5000K bulbs. So, are there any decent halogen bulbs that are 5000K and/or "bright white" to match the color of my HID headlamps? Or do I need a conversion kit to true HID bulbs for my fogs?

Whichever it is, can someone tell me what I want/need to make this switch?

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2015, 10:34 AM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Wiggum
I did some searching, but there are a gazillion results, and unfortunately I don't have time to dig too much here. So, I'm hoping someone can give me an answer on this w/out getting upset that I didn't find it on my own via the search function

I have a 2014 w/ the HID headlights, which are 5000K color/temp. I want to replace my fog lamp bulbs w/ 5000K bulbs. So, are there any decent halogen bulbs that are 5000K and/or "bright white" to match the color of my HID headlamps? Or do I need a conversion kit to true HID bulbs for my fogs?

Whichever it is, can someone tell me what I want/need to make this switch?

Thanks!
@Wiggum

I put hoen bulbs in mine as they are an exact match for the oem hid's. $30 for the pair.

H10 xenonmatch. http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog.htm

Driver side fog wasn't making a good connection in the last pic, wasn't snapped in place all the way.

Last edited by RLXXI; 07-28-2015 at 05:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
2016 FX4x4 (07-29-2015)
Old 07-29-2015, 02:04 PM

Thanks Robert. Looks like they still have them for $30 + about $9 shipping ...

Seems a LITTLE expensive just for replacement bulbs, but that might be one of those "it is what it is" things ...
Old 07-29-2015, 06:11 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Wiggum
Seems a LITTLE expensive just for replacement bulbs, but that might be one of those "it is what it is" things ...
Yep, oh and lube the O-rings on the new bulbs with wd 40 or something, if you don't it will be near impossible to get them to seat in the housing. Others have used the O-rings from the original bulbs with success as well.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
Yep, oh and lube the O-rings on the new bulbs with wd 40 or something, if you don't it will be near impossible to get them to seat in the housing. Others have used the O-rings from the original bulbs with success as well.
Roger that. The new bulbs have been ordered, and should be here in a few days or so. I'll probably be able to install them this weekend.

I had never really gotten out and looked at my lights at night, but when I did (recently), I was shocked at how yellow the fog lamps look compared to the HID lights.

From my reading, I THINK that this is on purpose, as (for some reason) a more yellow tinted light is supposedly better for fogs ... but I'm pretty sure that the "true white" light will be just fine, and look better on the truck

Thanks again for the heads-up on these bulbs. If for whatever reason they don't seem to work as well as I think they should, I may just bite the bullet and get a true HID conversion kit to 'fix' the fog lamps to my liking.

Quick Reply: Fog Lamp Replacement Bulbs