Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First truck purchase - fair price?

Old 09-29-2016, 07:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First truck purchase - fair price?

This forum seems like an incredible information resource, and im hoping you guys can give me advice on my upcoming F150 purchase. First real vehicle purchase i've made.

I just received an internet quote from a dealership in Denver for $36,982. The price includes a $2K delivery fee. MSRP $46,170.

its a '16 Screw, 4x4 XLT, 302a, 2.7L EB mag. gery
Anything else i should be letting you know?

Seems in the ballpark for what i've seen through this forum and other research, but im wondering if i should counter.

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2016, 12:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

May I suggest you post your question on this thread?

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/just-...5614/index177/

You'll get more viewership and traction and hopefully a broader range of answers.

I feel you should be able to do better, so definitely counter.

For my 2016 XLT FX4 sport appearance package with MSRP of $46,660, my price was $36,084.66. Having said that I would like to add I was able to benefit from the additional $500 labor day rebate. Although Ford isn't offering that rebate at the moment, again we 2017 are starting to come into dealerships, so dealers are only likely to get more aggressive with pricing and moving inventory.

If I were in your shoes and not in a rush, I would certainly shop around with the price you've received and see if others can beat the price.

When you say $2k in delivery fee can you elaborate? Was this a quote for a vehicle out of state?

Best,

Samy
Old 09-30-2016, 09:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Samy, really appreciate your advice. I'll add my question to the thread you pointed me to.

The $2K delivery fee is to bring the the truck to a Colorado dealership (where i live) from out of state.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First truck purchase - fair price?