Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

faded king ranch seats

Old 10-08-2009, 09:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question faded king ranch seats

ive found two seats and a console, in king ranch leather at a salvage yard near where i live. the guy on the phone says "theyre in outstanding condition, but it looks like the guy who owned them didnt ever condition them so theyre very faded." he says i might be able to just use the kr conditioner and have them looking good as new. is that true? i dont really know about leather conditioning and all that, and id really like to know some way to restore them a little before i buy, if its possible. what do you guys think? hes only asking 350$ for them!
Old 10-08-2009, 10:19 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I have only owned one car with leather (I currently own it) and I found the previous owners hadn't cared for the leather. Leather conditioner worked great but never got the seats back to 100% - but it's much better now than it was so it's a judgement call
Old 10-08-2009, 10:43 AM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If the skins are in good shape you can re-dye them. As for conditioning them first thing to do is clean them up using saddle soap. Saddle soap is applied like shaving cream so does not wet the leather. After you get done cleaning them pick out a leather oil that smells ok and apply it, follow the instruction of what ever oil you use. As for the value I have no idea. I have a leather interior in my truck and I have been trying to find a replacement leather cover for the seat back on the drivers side I have a Choo-Choo Custom and the seats are not stock units from the factory. I am thinking of removing the seat's back cover cutting out and replacing the torn section but the cost of the skin I would use to cut the section out of is not cheap either. I may have to get seat covers to protect them. I am giving a serious look at the fitted lamb fleece covers, they look good and are descendently comfortable.

I have to say this about leather seats. They sound so fancy, and luxurious but the reality the skins mostly used are just not very comfortable. As a comparision take a look at the leather interior on something like a Rolls Royce the leather used in such a car is so comfortable sitting in such a seat is heaven, but then it better for what a RR costs.

If they used suede leather things would be different but to get such and interior you would have to have it done at a custom shop, and pay big bucks for it.

Last edited by transmaster; 10-08-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Jeep-less now!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can make them like new try leatherique. If they need re-dyed they can help you with that too. http://leatherique.com/

Sorry to sound like a commercial but I'm a fan of their products.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used Armorall leather car to maintain the look of mine, works great.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:59 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bill, I hope that after a year later he has made his decision by now, but good tip though nonetheless.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: faded king ranch seats