General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-150 Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-150 Accessories

Fellow F-150 owners as we are all pumped up by the new performance releases from Ford today I am seeking some input from my fellow F-150 owners. I am an Accessories Manager at a dealer and I was wondering, with all the stuff we can do to our trucks today, what kind of accessories would you purchase from a dealer if the price was right? My goal here is to find what items I can provide to my customers and further engage them with my dealer and earn more business by helping them add the upgrades they want and roll that into their deal rather than someone coming out of pocket later on for a lift kit. I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:35 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

You would have more validity (and exposure) -IF- you were a sanctioned F150forum vendor rather than trying a back-door approach to selling accessories.

Have you run this by the admin's?

-reported-
Old 01-12-2015, 04:51 PM

Received 291 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by gDMJoe
You would have more validity (and exposure) -IF- you were a sanctioned F150forum vendor rather than trying a back-door approach to selling accessories. Have you run this by the admin's? -reported- .
Sounds like he is just asking for input to take to his boss to persuade him to expand their services. Didn't get that he was trying to sell accessories to anybody, but trying to get a pulse on what ppl were willing to pay for to have dealer installed.

That said, there are several lots here that sell pre lifted trucks, with wheels and tires included in the selling price. Larger difficult to install items tend to be the ones most ppl will pay to have installed. Amp steps, bed covers, lighting upgrades, exhaust, are all things SOME people will be willing to pay for.
The following users liked this post:
hippjk (01-14-2015)
Old 01-12-2015, 07:13 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

I've already spent over $10,000.00 in upgrades for my truck since purchase but the one that eludes and bugs the hell out of me the most is that we can't have a navigation touch screen or plug-n-play Android upgrade, the 4.2" screen coupled with Stync leaves a lot to be desired.

So if your looking for input on what's already out there, I have nothing, what I want hasn't been built yet.
The following 2 users liked this post by RLXXI:
Floridaguy80 (01-14-2015), hippjk (01-14-2015)
Old 01-14-2015, 09:15 AM

I greatly appreciate the comments guys. I'm looking into lift kits now, I know that is something that people really like to do with their trucks and looks like there is a lot more to do with the F-150 than I originally thought. 10k already?! That's awesome, I imagine that truck is pretty sick.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by hippjk
I greatly appreciate the comments guys. I'm looking into lift kits now, I know that is something that people really like to do with their trucks and looks like there is a lot more to do with the F-150 than I originally thought. 10k already?! That's awesome, I imagine that truck is pretty sick.

Day I brought her home from the dealer.

How she sits today.

Not shown is the smoked LED tails and 4" lift kit/lateral traction bars sitting in the garage, just waiting for the weather to accommodate me.

Several other unseen mods, dual channel dash cameras/dvr, roll x tonneau, bedtred bed liner, remote start, tuner with custom tunes, under seat storage bin, Kicker sound stage sub, ez down tailgate cylinder, tailgate lock, Magnaflow SIDO exhaust, AMP research retractable running boards, Polk Audio speakers and a partridge in a pear tree.

Also while it's not actually a mod I do consider it an accessory, Rotunda IDS interface computer.

Last edited by RLXXI; 01-14-2015 at 03:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
hippjk (01-15-2015)
Old 01-14-2015, 04:43 PM

Received 291 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
Day I brought her home from the dealer. How she sits today. Not shown is the smoked LED tails and 4" lift kit/lateral traction bars sitting in the garage, just waiting for the weather to accommodate me. Several other unseen mods, dual channel dash cameras/dvr, roll x tonneau, bedtred bed liner, remote start, tuner with custom tunes, under seat storage bin, Kicker sound stage sub, ez down tailgate cylinder, tailgate lock, Magnaflow SIDO exhaust, AMP research retractable running boards, Polk Audio speakers and a partridge in a pear tree. Also while it's not actually a mod I do consider it an accessory, Rotunda IDS interface computer.
lifts and wheels/tires add up quick, don't they!
Old 01-14-2015, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by MurderFX
lifts and wheels/tires add up quick, don't they!

Real quick
Old 01-14-2015, 08:57 PM

Default Wheel Well Liners???

I'm a proud new 2014 F150 Super Crew owner and am in the process of gearing up my truck. I've already put a Rugged Liner II trifold cover on, mudflaps, Ford winter mats and shaved down 6 inches off of the antenna so it stops hitting the garage door. Other than possibly tinting the windows, I'm looking at buying the wheel well liners to protect from salt, stones,etc. Are they worth it? Seems that salt and other harmful stuff are going to get up into everywhere anyway?
Old 01-15-2015, 09:39 AM

I would recommend them, its something that we will offer in our truck package, just gives those liners a little extra protection from whatever could be stuck in those areas. We have started preloading all our Super Duty's that way.

Quick Reply: F-150 Accessories