Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extang Solid Fold Cover

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 06:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Extang Solid Fold Cover

Hi all,

Hopefully I'll be able to explain this okay. I bought an Extang Solid fold cover a year ago. The cover has worked great but the form on the edges of the fold area only has faded, which makes it look shyty!

Is there a way to blacken them up again? It really looks out of place, as the rest looks black.

I'll post pics up shortly but thought I'd ask.

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2010, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran across a thread the other day about making faded black plastic pieces stock black again. The general consensus was something you buy in a bottle and put on after every few washes. The most common example was Mother's Back to Black. http://www.autogeek.net/motbactrimca.html

The other option was completely redying the plastic with an actual plastic dye. This seems to be a little more involved process yet last longer.

Good luck
Old 03-17-2010, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98_XC
Hi all,

Hopefully I'll be able to explain this okay. I bought an Extang Solid fold cover a year ago. The cover has worked great but the form on the edges of the fold area only has faded, which makes it look shyty!

Is there a way to blacken them up again? It really looks out of place, as the rest looks black.

I'll post pics up shortly but thought I'd ask.

Thanks!
Wouldn`t that be a warranty issue? Not sure but i think its a 10year on those, just don't know what's covered under that warranty.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:35 PM

Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

I used to notice the cover on my Avalanche would fade periodically so I applied some of that tire shiner stuff to it, then rinsed. Kept is looking new. I think I applied it once a year or something but it worked like a champ.

Quick Reply: Extang Solid Fold Cover