Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evacuees need attitude adjustment!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evacuees need attitude adjustment!!!

that was the title of a blog in our paper here today. it is referring to 1,500 louisiana evacuees that were here for 8 days b/c of the hurricane problems. it ticks me off when i read what those people said about us.
they were put in a brand new building over at the expo center with 3,600 towels and washrags, new cots and linens,showers, 3 free meals a day from a local church kitchen, sometimes Mcdonalds, texas roadhouse, yum brands, and papa johns handled food. there was around the clock free snacks and drinks. the salvation brought clothes over to those who did not have enough clothes. the louisville free public library provided 500 books. the water company supplied bottles of water for them. living areas were splint between single women,men and families. Best buy provided TVS with cable, video games, game tables and etc.

not to mention 750 red cross volunteers as well as police, fire and EMS who helped out.

Then when they leave they complain about us. they talk about our hospitality, and the service they recieved. the FREE food they got. reporters said some were acting like a sniffish divas, and others claimed they would just stay home next time.

Well all i can say is they better stay home next time. Now i am sure not all 1,500 were that way but still dont complain, especailly when you are being cared for. the govt could have left there *** like last time.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:09 AM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Doesn't really surprise me. Hand them cards to local hotels next time.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It doesn't surprise me..... not in the slightest.... GeeDub had it right the first time.... let them figure it out on their own and if something happens, come in and help clean up..... we don't need to waste time and energy and money to relocate people who choose to live their.... I have friends that live in the hurricanes path and some stayed and some went to live with friends and reletives out of state.... You find your own way to you pay your own way simple as that.... you can't afford to pay.... well then maybe you should get a job and get off welfare....

Sorry, my rant is over....
Old 09-12-2008, 12:32 PM
_McLovin_

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree with everything said so far but I am not going to comment because it would be a waste of time AGAIN and just not worth it.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm tired of hearing about this crap.

One way bus tickets are all they should be offered. You live on the coast, hurricanes come and go. If you need out, here is your bus pass.

As I live in the midwest, we flood and have tornado's and blizzards.

My ancestors came on a one way boat trip from Europe. And were thankful to have survived.

Life is what we make of it. Start making something of yours.
-Tung
Old 09-12-2008, 10:39 PM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Received 114 Likes on 107 Posts

i heard gas tripled in 3 hours
Old 09-12-2008, 11:25 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Nah not trippled. It's gone up 60 cents here, I'm sure overnight will be killer.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:42 PM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Received 114 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by LovetheTide
Nah not trippled. It's gone up 60 cents here, I'm sure overnight will be killer.

one plac ein texas 3.43 to like 7.xx was on the news
Old 09-13-2008, 12:43 AM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by NORCAL SS
one plac ein texas 3.43 to like 7.xx was on the news
That's illegal.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:55 AM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

When you have a population who feel they are entitled to get handouts from the government, served hand and foot in order for the political powers that be to be re-elected. They have learned to bitch is too receive.

Quick Reply: Evacuees need attitude adjustment!!!