Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine light flashes....

Old 07-14-2009, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Engine light flashes....

Hello all, new to F150 forum. Anyway, I have a 2007 F150 XLT that has 43,000 miles on it. Last month as I was driving up a grade, the engine light flashed at me a few times and I lost a little power. (First time my truck has done this). Since then, it seems like whenever I drive up any kind of grade it does this. SO we checked the computer, and it said PO355 ( or something like that) which basically means misfire on 1. Checked the plug and it was good and to the best and most advice, changed the coil pack on 1. Still does it. In fact, i even changed 5 because i thought i might have changed the wrong cylinder. We also did a compression check and that reads to factory specs. Injectors maybe? Should I replace all the plugs and/or coil packs? I have power from 0-60 and city driving....no problems. But when I get on the freeway and reach 60 plus mph or 3000 rpms and step on it, the truck loses a little power and that light comes on. Any thoughts???? Thanks guys.....Keith
Old 07-14-2009, 08:38 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

First thing I would do is try a higher grade of gas and see if the truck is still doing it.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Retired Aerospace

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default That's What it Says:

P0355 error code is a coil primary/secondary fault on cylinder E, #5. If the problem persists with a new coil, then there may be fault in the ignition controller module.

Try cleaning the sensor electrodes in the MAF module.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys....actually took the truck to the dealer to see if warranty issues are in play. Will keep you updated. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine light flashes....