General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problems

So I have a couple electrical issues and was hoping someone might be able to tell me what might be the problem. But yeah my high beams don't work the headlights turn off completely when I turn them on and my map lights don't work and my passenger window doesn't work. I'm guessing it's something to do with the wiring because I I've checked the fuses and there all good so I'm thinking there's a short in the wiring. If you guys know what it might be let me know.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:34 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

For the high beams I would check the bulbs and then light switch. Since both do not work I am thinking the switch is bad.

For the map lights again the bulbs and the switch.

For the window motor if neither switch, driver and passenger, can not control the motor I would check make sure that the wiring to the motor has not been damaged. I have heard that the up and down motion of the window can damage the wire. In fact I have the same issue right now that I need to check.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah it might be the switch for the high beams but for the map lights I don't think both switches would be bad and I just replaced the lights and sockets. And for the window I replaced the switches on driver and passenger and also replaced the regulator and it still didn't work. You think it might be like one major wiring problem it did get in an accident befor I bought it. I wish the guy told me that the map lights and the high beams didn't work but I got it for a pretty good deal but yeah I'm thinking it might be like a wiring issue does anyone know about the trucks wiring? Like are trucks wired the same way as old trucks where you just buy a wiring harness and just rewire the whole thing? Watch I'll probable get set back like 700 is there any difference between a knock off wiring harness vs a name brand harness?

Quick Reply: Electrical problems