Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edge Evolution Programmer HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Edge Evolution Programmer HELP!!!

I NEED HELP! Don't know if this is the right spot but here goes! Let my brother drive my truck (2000 F-150, 5.4) and told him NOT to touch the programmer (Edge Evolution), and low and behold he did. It's now showing ERROR 150, and telling me to call customer service at Edge, which is only open Monday through Friday. The truck cranks but won't start. I unplugged it and replugged it back in, and ERROR 150 showed up again. We just disconnected the battery in hopes of that fixing it, which was a solution in the manual for other types of errors that can show up. Has anyone had this happen before? ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!
Old 04-03-2010, 02:14 AM

i have the exact same problem....someone please help us
Old 04-03-2010, 02:51 AM

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

I was reading on another forum and it seems this error can be caused by a weak battery. Maybe try charging your battery or replacing it.
As to the error 150, it occurs when the Gryphon is trying to communicate with the PCM and can't. The most likely reason for this is that the key is not in the "on" position when the unit reboots, as would be the case if you just jumped into the truck. Simply turn the key to the "on" position, disconnect the OBDII cable from below the dash, and then reconnect. The PCM's calibration code should display and you should be good to go.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:35 PM

i have tried that numerous times as well as other solutions....i did charge my battery, but my truck seems to drain the battery alot quicker than it should, so i hooked jumper cables up to it and still tried that as well as numerous other ideas i had, still all the same result i noticed that the origional poster of this thread posted this a while back...how did you fix the problem? or is your truck still stranded in your driveway like mine haha...
Old 04-03-2010, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried putting the stock tune back and disconecting the Edge?
Old 04-03-2010, 05:03 PM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Is it telling you that it can not read the PCM? Because I had the Error 150 on the Gryphon twice and it locked my PCM and I had to call Bill at Powerhungryperformance to get it unlocked..

Something happened to where it had an error and it can't remember the HEX code for your vehicals computer and it won't start.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:36 PM

that is exactly what is says...it says that it cant connect with the pcm or whatever it is and then it goes to thee error scree where it says error 150 and it asks to call the edge number and that screen stays on until you unplug it (even when the ignition is off) so what did you do to fix it, did you have to bring it somewhere (i hope not because i payed a 100 dollar tow bill last night to get it back to my house) or could he walk you through it and do it from the driveway?
Old 04-03-2010, 05:53 PM

how do you return the truck back to the factory tune and disconnect the edge completly from the system?
Old 04-03-2010, 07:40 PM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Well Bill did custom tunes on my truck and I called him and we hooked my Gryphon up to my computer and he was able to read it off his server and set it back to stock settings. Not totally sure how you can fix it being it's the Edge with just canned tunes.

Quick Reply: Edge Evolution Programmer HELP!!!