Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the Edge Evo interchangeable in 5.4 & 4.6?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the Edge Evo interchangeable in 5.4 & 4.6?

I have a friend who just recently purchased an Edge Evo for his 2005 F150 with the 5.4l in it. I am curious if I would be able to "test drive" his programmer in my truck to see if I liked it or not. I have the same year truck, but I have the 4.6l engine. When I look up the programmers through Edge's site it gives me the same part # for both engines. So it leads me to beleive that this would work...Any feed back on this would be greatly appreciated. Last thing I would want to do is to screw either of our trucks up!

Also has anyone out there have any feed back on any towing improvments after installing the Edge Evo on their 4.6l engine?

Thanks, Mike
Old 10-13-2009, 12:41 AM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

they are interchancable. i switch mine between my parents expedition 5.4l and my f150 4.6l. in towing in the expy, we have noticed considerable improvements. on our way to out usual camping spot, there was one particulat uphill grade that we would be doing about 30-35 mph af 3250-3500rpm. with the edge evo we are doing the same rpm but doing about 50-55. shifting is also different. feels like the vehicle has a shift kit what programed for towing. imo, its worth the money. especially for the parameters that it displays. it for my truck tranny temp isnt available but yours it would. if you are towing and the alarm on the evo goes off telling you that the tranny is getting hot, you just saved yourself $3000 on a new transmission. its got many parameters like that that can save you money on repairs. plus i like having the code reader. just my .02
Old 10-14-2009, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info!
Old 10-14-2009, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my question/concern would be the stock settings if you have it on a 5.4 and it saved the stock settings then you move back and forth. you may have issues going back to stock on the "first" truck.? I don;t kow it stock between the two are the same.

Quick Reply: Is the Edge Evo interchangeable in 5.4 & 4.6?