General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Panel Removal Help Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Muddswamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Panel Removal Help Please!!

Hello,I have a 1997 ford f-150 with non power window doors.The passenger side window is extremely hard to roll up and down in certain spots and sometimes the handle just like jumps links well thats what it sounds like anyways.Well I was wondering how do I remove that door panel if anyone can help in detail on how to do that so I dont go breaking all the plastic pieces in the door panel.Thanks,Rick
Old 07-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Muddswamper

Has anybody ever removed a door panel on one of these?
Old 07-08-2008, 04:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry man i have a '93. I think it's all about the same with any car. First remove а window crank handle - i think there must be some kind of a lock shim on it's rear side - apply a screwdriver and take a look. You'll have to remove it by a small screwdriver from the back, and then just pull a handle by it's center part. After that you'll need a medium-size screwdriver and a softy. apply a screwdriver carefully between a door cover and a door panel. There are plastic pins holding the panel. Apply a softer between a skrewdriver and metal part of the door - this should help avoiding scratches. Wring the panel carefully. It's impossible not to break at least 2 pins, get ready for that. If you'll feel that a panel is hardly wringing - take a look for some screws it that area. That's all i can help you with, sorry.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Update - excuse me for forgetting that. You should apply a screwdriver as close to plastic pins as possible - Try to start with one located an a rear bottom of the door - there must be one near the corner. The next one will be easier to find. Now that's really all i can help with.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Muddswamper

Thanks for trying to help
Old 07-19-2008, 12:17 AM
Stolen Truck Recovered

there is a light on the bottom. take off the light cover, take the t15 screw out. then take the screw out of the handle. once all that is done push up on the bottom of the panel. it should just pop right up and off. did it to my neighbors truck about an hour ago to replace his mirror
Old 07-20-2008, 05:02 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Think the previous post answered the panel, my two cents on the window regulator. Take some white lithium grease grease to the horizontal track that the plastic guides are engages in. This shoud free up the mechanism, providing tooth damage hasen't occured. Good luck.

Trending Topics

Old 07-20-2008, 08:42 PM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't use a screw driver to remove the door panel clips get the proper tools Harbor Freight Tool has a set for $6.99.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=95432
Attached Images  

Last edited by transmaster; 07-21-2008 at 01:41 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:38 AM
Stolen Truck Recovered

you shouldnt need to pop anything. just mke sure all screws are out and push/pull in an upwards motion and it will come right off
Old 07-05-2011, 09:00 PM

sorry to bring up an old post, but the plastic moulding on the top of the door (window pillar) is stopping me from being able to move it upwards, how do i remove this?

Quick Reply: Door Panel Removal Help Please!!