General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY bedliner

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 08:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default DIY bedliner

As anyone experienced the roll on bed liner, I was thinking about it but I'm curious on how It will turn out. Any pics would be great
Old 08-28-2014, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used Herculiner in a truck I had and it did not turn out well. I don't know if I didn't prep enough or what but after about 6 months I had to go over it again and another 6 months the same thing. I finally gave up. I wrapped it over the top of the tailgate to cover all the bad scratches/bare metal from the previous owner and after a rain there would be black streaks down my tailgate from it washing away. Don't get me wrong, it kept everything where I put it but the adhesive material where there wasn't any rubber didn't stay well.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok thanks I appreciate the feedback
Old 08-29-2014, 10:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had done the Herculiner in a 2000 Ranger my son now drives. It was so-so. He just recently stripped it off and re-shot with U-Pol Raptor X. MUCH better looking and durable. Kit comes with product, reducer, and spray gun. I'm going to do it on my F-150 after a few other projects are taken care of.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never really been a huge fan of the roll in/spray in DIY stuff. If I'm going to do a paint in bedliner, I want a professional install like LineX or Rhinoliner. If I'm going to do a DIY, I'll just do a drop in like a Dualliner.

Quick Reply: DIY bedliner