Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Different Leveling Kit Question

Old 09-03-2008, 09:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A Different Leveling Kit Question

Ok so I've searched the forums and looked at the pics that others have posted but it's hard to see the details in pictures. I've seen one post that said he used a 2" leveling kit and ended up with the front end still a little low, then another post that said he used a 2.5" leveling kit that the front end ended up higher than the back. Can someone clarify how to chose the size of the kit. Does it have to do with the shock package that is currently on the truck. I have the tow package with the heavy duty shocks.

Currently the highest point on my truck is the cargo light on the back of the cab. I have two inches of clearance between this and the garadge door when I park my truck. Will this cause an issue if I put a leveling kit on the front of the truck. I'm guessing not but wanted some input.

What does raising the front end do to gas millage? Does raising the front end affect this?

And lastly I have another year on my warranty. Should I wait until this is up before I start making mods?

Thanks in advance for the help.

John
Old 09-03-2008, 10:54 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

The warranty depends purely on the dealership, some are *******s and others don't give a ****.

If you are going to add a heavy brush guard or winch go with the 2.5" kit or a 2" if you don't plan on adding any extra weight.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:27 AM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by LovetheTide
The warranty depends purely on the dealership, some are *******s and others don't give a ****.

If you are going to add a heavy brush guard or winch go with the 2.5" kit or a 2" if you don't plan on adding any extra weight.
I agree with tide also 2" on 4x4 = 33" tire 2.5" on 4x4 = 35" tire
I did 2" on mine and it looks perfectly level as for mileage did not notice any differance
Old 09-04-2008, 08:30 AM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

It doesn't matter if its a 2" or 2.5" on a 4X4 you can run 35s, or if it's a 2WD you can run 33s.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A Different Leveling Kit Question