General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership Service Dept Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 02:32 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Dealership Service Dept Experiences

An article that sums up most of my own experiences at dealerships (regardless of brand).

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...w-car-service/

Its sad that it is like this, but im relieved that its not just me that has seen things like this and know all too well what its like.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:57 PM

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Yep sounds familiar. The truck I just bought the hard bed cover lock didn't work. The guy said he would have to find someone to repair it, he didn't have anyone capable of repairing it. I took it home and fixed it myself. All it needed was a screw replaced and a couple of sprays of PB Blaster, works like new now.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 4,145 Likes on 2,842 Posts

I had nothing but good experience with my service dept. hence why I got a job here
The following users liked this post:
lumpythetexan (08-27-2016)
Old 08-26-2016, 02:52 AM

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts

My aggravation is the Ford dealerships that don't use or even stock Motorcraft oil and filters. Instead, they use the Pennzoil, STP, Fram, or whatever filters that they can get the best deal on. Same for oil....whatever bulk oil they can get the best price on. One dealer service department swore that they only used Motorcraft. After "the works" oil change service; a peek under the hood found an STP filter. I now have to drive past closer dealerships to get mine serviced at a dealership 55 miles away that believes in using Motorcraft oil and filters. If you can't trust them to use the requested and manufacturer recommended oil and filter, how you trust them to properly diagnose or repair anything else?
Old 08-26-2016, 03:43 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Velosprout
My aggravation is the Ford dealerships that don't use or even stock Motorcraft oil and filters. Instead, they use the Pennzoil, STP, Fram, or whatever filters that they can get the best deal on. Same for oil....whatever bulk oil they can get the best price on. One dealer service department swore that they only used Motorcraft. After "the works" oil change service; a peek under the hood found an STP filter. I now have to drive past closer dealerships to get mine serviced at a dealership 55 miles away that believes in using Motorcraft oil and filters. If you can't trust them to use the requested and manufacturer recommended oil and filter, how you trust them to properly diagnose or repair anything else?
Or, can you trust them to use Ford OEM parts to perform a repair, or are they using cheap, aftermarket parts?
Old 08-26-2016, 07:25 AM

Received 310 Likes on 238 Posts

I called two dealers wanting my trans. filter replaced. Afterall, it's less than $20 and it is simple to change on a rack. First dealer said "we don't drop the pan, we flush them" which is interesting because these trucks have a thermal bypass valve and can't be flushed. Second dealer said "nobody has ever asked for that..... and I can't even find a part number for the filter in our system." To which I replied, that's funny because I just bought one off Amazon after looking for 11 seconds.

If the service departments don't know the vehicles they are servicing exclusively, that's pretty sad.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:59 AM

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

This article is spot on. A few years ago, I had a 2010 Silverado with 14k miles on it. After it had been off overnight, it would hesitate to start. Sometimes it would also go into a low power mode in which it wouldn't go over 30 mph. It kicked a light so I took it into the dealer. Of course the dealer did the "we can't reproduce it" line. Also, they stated no codes showed up.

A few weeks later, the truck was almost always staying in safe mode. I took it back and they found that it was the air sensor.

It was similar with my wife's Impreza with 25k miles. It was not driving correctly. Took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't reproduce it. It kept doing it so we took it back and firmly demanded it be fixed. They found that the front axle and hub were bad.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:24 AM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I've dealt with three over the years. Two I'll never set foot in again, the one I go to now isn't to bad, but I haven't had to go there a lot. First place cut every corner they could, did very bad and sloppy work. It got so bad that one of the biggest chevy dealership chains bought a building across the street, turned it into a big multi bay service station and put a sign out front you could easily see from this fords dealership saying "Have a Ford? We don't care! We stock motorcraft products! If you're not happy with your dealership service give us a try! 10% off any bill if your previous service was done at a non (dealership that owned it name) dealership!" I'll say this...they seem to have a pretty good flow of cars through there.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:31 AM
Cycle For Fun and Health

Received 495 Likes on 384 Posts

I had good service from Brondes Ford in Toledo/Maumee, Ohio.
The new (Taurus SHO) car issues were all addressed during the warranty period. No issues since warranty expired.
The truck I had purchased used after warranty was expired. Have had no issues with it other than the clockspring recall that was serviced without issue.
The dealerships are not all bad. Some do care and provide good service.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:51 AM

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

I used Jim Click here in Tucson on my 13 and never had an issue, but after buying my 16 in Oracle and trying to get it serviced has been nothing but a hassle even simple oil changes take almost 2 hours to get done and then when I was trying to confirm if my truck had the seat TSB done they said I would have to leave the truck 4 to 5 days just to get it checked, so I called up the dealer I bought it at and they said bring it in next week and we will get you in and out the same day. From now on I'll make the 25 mile trip to Oracle Ford and let them do the work.

Quick Reply: Dealership Service Dept Experiences