General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

coolant temp sending unit

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolant temp sending unit

Where is coolant temp sending unit located on my Triton 5.4 2003 f-150?
Old 12-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Posttal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'v got a 06 and theres a CYLINDER HEAD TEMP sensor..is that what your looking for?
The CHT sensor:

• is mounted to the wall of the cylinder head and is not connected to any coolant passages.
  • sends the PCM a signal indicating cylinder head temperature.
  • As the cylinder head temperature rises above normal operating temperature, the PCM will turn on the high speed cooling fan. If the temperature continues to rise, the PCM will selectively and alternately disable fuel injectors. The cylinders that are not being fuel injected will act as air pumps to aid in engine cooling. The PCM will also turn on the check engine light and set a DTC. If the cylinder head temperature continues to rise, the check engine light will begin to flash and an additional DTC will be set. Finally, if the cylinder head temperature rises still more, the PCM disables all of the fuel injectors, turning the engine off.
Dont know what your problem is but if its a temp gauge problem note this..

Temperature Gauge
The PCM receives the engine coolant temperature status through hardwired circuitry to the cylinder head temperature (CHT) sensor.

Keep in mine this is on a 2006 which my alldata subcription is locked into.but I would think its the same.

If that IS what your looking for here is where it is...

Quick Reply: coolant temp sending unit