Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cool article in the local paper...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 01:36 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Cool article in the local paper...

All, just recently purchased my first truck, 2015 Lariat with the 502a package. Really love this truck... Anyhow, spotted this article in this weekends paper and thought I'd share..
Enjoy:

Old 08-03-2015, 09:43 PM

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts

I doubt many Porsche owners are looking for a high end F150. I think Ford is smoking crack.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:38 PM

Received 482 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Wannafbody
I doubt many Porsche owners are looking for a high end F150. I think Ford is smoking crack.
That's not at all what I took away from the article. What I read is that people are paying as much or more than the cost of some Porsche vehicles when purchasing new F150's ...

and with respect to the other thread about $50K trucks ... I think part of the problem is people are stuck in a rut thinking that a certain TYPE of vehicle should only command a certain price point, at least relative to other vehicles out there.

What I would contend is, you have to stop looking at what TYPE of vehicle it is, and start evaluating each and ever vehicles solely on what it's offering - which would include completely different evaluations for the same make of vehicle, but equipped with different levels of options.

while an F150 XL may be the same base truck as the Limited in terms of frame, basic body construction, engine, powertrain, etc. ... they are in MANY ways COMPLETELY different vehicles ... AND ... the fact that they are pickups means NOTHING in terms of where they should be priced.

I could go on in more detail, but it's all being said in that other thread, and almost beaten to death at this point in time.

it's a brave new world, and pickups are no longer what they used to be ... it's time for us all to accept that and move on ...
The following users liked this post:
ciscokid1957 (08-03-2015)

Quick Reply: Cool article in the local paper...