Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Concern over homelink

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 02:19 PM
chillin the most!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Concern over homelink

We have two door garage with two openers. Wife has homelink in her Honda, as I do in my 2003 f150... I just got my f150 in November of 2009, and did not program mine for a month or two.. But recently I ve gone out in the morning and one of the two garage doors is open.. It could be either door, Till i figured out the opener on my wife side had a remote lock out that you can use and no remote will open the door.. (not convenient) .. any way.. could one of the two home links be malfunctioning.. and open the door at night..
I located all the remotes that came with the house and took the batteries out of them and locked them up.. this combined with the lock out on my wife side i thought i had problem solved... till this morning and i went to truck and my side was open.. I went to Taco Bell last night at nine and when i came home I know the door was closed when I went in.. BTW i park out side wife parks inside.. garage is detached from house so if somebody is screwing with me the can steal anything out of the garage but they cant get into the house.

Any suggestions?
Old 04-18-2010, 02:35 PM
This picture scares you

You may have a neighbor that has the same code... Check the owners manual of the opener and see if you can change the code for the clicker...
Old 04-18-2010, 03:43 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I would erase all codes from the openers and reprogram all the controllers.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Lift? Maybe.

Originally Posted by camstng66
You may have a neighbor that has the same code... Check the owners manual of the opener and see if you can change the code for the clicker...
This is quite possible; while perusing the internet trying to figure out why I can't get a 2005 King Ranch F-150 or a 2003 Town Car to work with a Genie door opener (even though the opener is designed to work with HomeLink--go figure), I found a few posts on other forums where people mentioned their neighbors were opening their doors unknowingly with their remotes; one even swapped remotes with his neighbor who had the same opener and everything because his didn't work.

Originally Posted by dnlow
I would erase all codes from the openers and reprogram all the controllers.
Very good idea. Depending on the age and brand of door opener, it's possible someone "hacked" the signal for it and is using it to at least mess with you from somewhere in the area (down the street or something). Better safe than sorry.

Oh, and Trailer Park Boys rocks. Just watched their newest(?) movie on Netflix (the one where Julian starts an Auto shop on his property).

Last edited by Mancomb; 04-28-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Opener only has 2 E's, not 3.

Quick Reply: Concern over homelink