General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compliments on your truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 11:52 AM

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Compliments on your truck

I'm just wondering how often you all get complimented on your truck, and what's your favorite compliment so far?

Earlier today when I walked in to my university's rec center, the person at the front desk said, "Man, that is a DOPE truck" and the other person at the front desk said, "You don't see many trucks like that coming to the rec center"

Getting compliments on my truck just make my day
The following users liked this post:
The Beer Baron (02-05-2016)
Old 01-30-2016, 11:55 AM

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

Also, here's a pic of my "DOPE" truck flexing a bit

Old 01-30-2016, 01:07 PM

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

When I wrapped the front end of my truck with Xpel Ultimate film I decided to change the F150 logo on the fender to LOBO Platinum. I was at the Ford dealership showing the GM the new Ping golf clubs and he pointed out to me people taking pictures of my new logo on my truck.

Name:  IMG_0969_zps2ftqvgf5.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  156.3 KB
cal128 (01-30-2016)
Old 01-30-2016, 01:57 PM

Received 234 Likes on 194 Posts

I catch more hate than anything. Tons of GM fanboys and ford haters in my area and they can't stand seeing a fixed up well maintained one-of-a-kind rcsb f150 in the huge sea of dime-a-dozen modded silverados. Chevy guys hate my truck, RAM guys hate it, anyone with a lifted crew 4x4 hates it, Ford ecoboost guys HATE my truck. My 5.0 emblem was defaced the other day by some punk, I've come out to my truck to find an empty beer bottle wedged under one of the tires. I've come out to find dirty footprints and scratches on it that weren't mine. I've never been complimented except by my buddy who drives a Lightning (go figure). What does all this hatred and jealousy do? It makes me grin from ear to ear. It also motivates me to hit the heavy bag more often.

Last edited by johndog82; 01-30-2016 at 02:37 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by johndog82:
cal128 (01-31-2016), eng45ine (02-01-2016), ScubaKen (01-31-2016)
Old 01-30-2016, 02:30 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

All the time, most ask me what shade of red it is or what kind of lift I have, what the name/style of rims, what brand of ladder bars etc... the latest had to know all about how the hidden winch mount bolted on and what kind of winch I had. Naturally had to pop the hood to show it off.

The guy asking about the winch was driving a Dodge ram truck, and a couple of others were in GMC or Chevy and one guy in a Toyota.

Some ask what year it is and can't believe it's 3 years old (collinite makes her stand out looking new)

Old 01-30-2016, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by johndog82
I catch more hate than anything. Tons of GM fanboys and ford haters in my area and they can't stand seeing a fixed up well maintained rcsb f150. Chevy guys hate my truck, RAM guys hate it, anyone with a lifted crew 4x4 hates it, Ford ecoboost guys HATE my truck. My 5.0 emblem was defaced the other day by some punk, I've come out to my truck to find an empty beer bottle wedged under one of the tires. I've come out to find dirty footprints and scratches on it that weren't mine. I've never been complimented except by my buddy who drives a Lightning (go figure). What does all this hatred and jealousy do? It makes me grin from ear to ear. It also motivates me to hit the heavy bag more often. Practicing for the moment one of these d-bags comes at me because he hates Fords. I've traveled all over the place and I think where I live has the highest concentration of GM worshipping ford haters in the world.
You must live in arsehole alley, right around the corner from douchebag gulch. No one hates others rides down here. They always checking each others out.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
You must live in arsehole alley, right around the corner from douchebag gulch. No one hates others rides down here. They always checking each others out.
Fresno/Clovis California, Chevtard capital USA.

Last edited by johndog82; 01-30-2016 at 02:47 PM.
ScubaKen (01-31-2016)
Old 01-30-2016, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by johndog82
Fresno/Clovis California, Chevtard capital USA.
All you had to say was California, I've only met a handful of people from that state that had their heads screwed on right, most of them were effing idiot's.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:49 PM
Some guy

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,281 Posts

All you had to say was California, I've only met a handful of people from that state that had their heads screwed on right, most of them were effing idiot's.
Including my own mother. She lives there now because that's where she got a job. She's always been a raging left-winger. You know the type. Offended by everything, bitches about everything, the typical I-want-to-speak-to-the-manager type. I just got back from visiting her and my grandmother in NY (another sh!tty state) and I was showing them a picture of the AR-15 I built after I got home from deployment. I'm really happy and proud of it. But of course all I got from my mom was a grimace and a "Why do you need that?"
Old 01-30-2016, 02:50 PM

Well actually, central CA is very similar to TX/Midwest as far as most peoples political positions. But what I don't get is how the GM enthusiast community here is bigger and stronger than it is anywhere else in the country and they've brainwashed the general public into hating Fords.. I've observed this for decades now. Its not as bad as it was in the 90's but it definitely hasn't gone away. My high school buddies were GM guys who couldn't go longer than 5 seconds without talking **** on Ford. There are literally 10x more silverados here than f150's. Chevy/Dodge guys have an alliance where they respect each other but they both hate Ford. And from what ive seen when traveling, I doubt its like this anywhere else in the country.

Last edited by johndog82; 01-30-2016 at 03:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Compliments on your truck